Chinese smartphone manufacturer iQOO has finally launched the iQOO 9 series in India as scheduled. The brand announced three models in the lineup, namely iQOO 9 Pro, iQOO 9, and iQOO 9 SE. Two of these devices are different from the version sold in China. However, let’s take a detailed look at the iQOO 9 SE – most affordable device of the family – brings to the table.
iQOO 9 SE Launched in India
As rumored, the iQOO 9 SE is simply a rebranded iQOO Neo5S that was launched in China last year.
The main highlight of iQOO 9 SE is the presence of a Snapdragon 888 chipset instead of Snapdragon 888+ and Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoCs like its bigger siblings. Because of carrying a year-old chip, it is not only more affordable than iQOO 9 and iQOO 9 Pro but also the cheapest smartphone with the said silicon in India.
The device is built around a 6.62-inch centered AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels (FHD+) and up to 120Hz refresh rate as well as 300Hz touch sampling rate. It features an independent display chip for gaming and MEMC.
Further, the phone comes with LPDDR5 RAM and UFS 3.1 storage. To keep the thermals down, it arrives with graphene sheet and liquid cooling technology.
For photography and videography, it uses a 48MP (Sony IMX598 with OIS) + 13MP (ultra-wide, macro) + 2MP (monochrome) triple camera setup on the rear. There’s also a 16MP shooter for selfies and video calls.
The phone lacks a 3.5mm headphone jack but comes with dual stereo speakers and a linear vibration motor. For biometrics, it utilizes an optical in-screen fingerprint sensor. Connectivity options include dual SIM, 5G, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GNSS, and USB Type-C.
Last but not least, the device boots Android 12-based Funtouch OS 12 and gets its juice from a dual-cell 4,500mAh with support for 66W fast charging.
iQOO 9 SE Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, February 23
- Status: Exp. release 2022, March 02
- Dimensions: 163.2 x 76.4 x 8.4 mm (6.43 x 3.01 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colors: Space Fusion, Sunset Sierra
- Splash and dust resistant
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz
- Size: 6.62 inches, 105.8 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)
- Android 12, Funtouch 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 25mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 16mm, 120˚ (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Unspecified
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 66W, 70% in 18 min (advertised)
iQOO 9 SE Price and Availability
The iQOO 9 SE goes for the following price tags in India in Sunset Sierra and Space Fusion color options.
- 8GB + 128GB – INR33,990
- 12GB + 256GB –INR37,990
The handset will be available for pre-order starting March 2 on Amazon India. Customers can avail a flat INR3,000 discount on ICICI Bank credit card/credit card EMI transactions, an extra INR3,000 off on exchange, and up to 12-month no-cost EMI.