After several days of teasing, Xiaomi has finally launched the Xiaomi 11T series today. The lineup includes two models, namely Xiaomi 11T and Xiaomi 11T Pro. The two phones are almost identical with a few differences between them. These handsets succeed the Mi 10T and the Mi 10T Pro from last year.
Xiaomi 11T Pro launched
Just like the vanilla variant, the Xiaomi 11T Pro also flaunts a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a 1080+ resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio. The display has a 120 Hz refresh rate with 480 Hz touch sampling rate and HDR10+ support. The display is also quite bright with a peak brightness of 1,000 nits. It still can’t rival the Mi 11 Pro with its 1,500 nits, but this is a cheaper version. The display has a centered punch-hole and is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
In terms of photography, the device has a 108 MP camera with 2.1 µm pixels and 9-in-1 binning. It replaces the 50 MP sensor found on the previous model. Unfortunately, this camera is missing Optical Image Stabilization, this is a major issue since most of the flagships have OIS. Moving on, the secondary camera is an 8 MP ultrawide camera, and the 5 MP tele-macro camera is also present here.
Under the hood, the Xiaomi 11T Pro packs the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC and is paired with 8 GB or 12 GB of LPDDR5 RAM. In terms of storage, you can choose between 128 GB and 256 GB. The device runs MIUI 12.5 with Android 11 OS and has a great improvement in the battery territory.
The 11T Pro comes with Xiaomi’s impressive 120 W HyperCharge system. More than that, the batter is also really big with 5,000 mAh. We’re used to seeing these impressive charging speeds coming with not so appealing battery sizes, but now, Xiaomi is breaking some barriers. According to the company, a full charge takes just 17 minutes.
Despite coming with an AMOLED display, Xiaomi still positioned the fingerprint scanner at the side. Perhaps, it’s a measure to reduce the cost and make the price more attractive. Moreover, this device only bears IP53 certification which is just for common splashes and basic dust resistance.
According to Xiaomi, both the Xiaomi 11T and the 11T Pro will receive 3 major Android upgrades. That means they will be updated to Android 12, 13, and 14. Furthermore, they’ll receive 4 years of Security patches. The company is matching what other leading Android makers are offering on their high-end smartphones.
Xiaomi 11T Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 42, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, September 15
- Status: Exp. release 2021, September
- Dimensions: 164.1 x 76.9 x 8.8 mm (6.46 x 3.03 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 204 g (7.20 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), aluminum back, glass back
- Colors: Meteorite Gray, Moonlight White, Celestial Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP53, dust and splash protection
- Type: AMOLED, Dolby Vision, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 800 nits (typ), 1000 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~85.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.12µm
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960, HDR10+, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1.0µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Tuned by Harman Kardon
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 120W, 72% in 10 min, 100% in 17 min (advertised)
- Power Delivery 3.0
- Quick Charge 3+
Xiaomi 11T Pro Price and Availability
The Xiaomi 11T series will go for the following price tags (ASP – Average Selling Price).
- 8GB + 128GB – €649
- 8GB + 256GB – €699
- 12GB + 256GB – €749
The phone will be available in some regions, they will be also getting ‘Early Bird’ discount offers.