After announcing the flagship Z6 Pro last month, Lenovo follows up by launching a trimmed down version dubbed the Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition, also called the Z6 Lite.
The Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition has Snapdragon 710 SoC at the helm and it runs Android Pie-based ZUI 11 out-of-the-box. The smartphone comes in three memory configurations – 4GB/64GB, 6GB/64GB, and 6GB/128GB. And you can expand the storage by up to 256GB via microSD card.
The Z6 Youth Edition is built out of roll cage magnesium alloy which is the same material we see on Lenovo’s ThinkPad notebooks. The smartphone is offered in two colors – Knight Black and Stardust. The former has a textured back, while the latter flaunts a gradient design.
On the front, the Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition sports a 6.3-inch display having 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2340 x 1080-pixel resolution, and HDR10 support. The screen also has a waterdrop notch which houses the 16MP selfie camera.
Around the back, you get a triple camera setup which consists of 16MP main (f/1.8), 8MP telephoto (f/2.4), and 5MP wide-angle (f/2.2) units. This camera system offers 8x hybrid zoom and comes with some AI tricks.
The smartphone ships with a 4,050 mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging. Other features on the Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition include a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Dolby Atmos audio, and dual-frequency GPS. It also has a 3.5 mm headphone jack at the bottom next to the USB-C port.
Lenovo Z6 Youth edition specifications
- Type: HDR10 LTPS
- Size: 6.39-inch
- Resolution: 1080 × 2340 pixels, Full HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Snapdragon 710
- CPU: Octa Core 10nm Mobile Platform (Dual 2.2GHz Kryo 360 + Hexa 1.7GHz Kryo 360 CPUs)
- GPU: Adreno 616 GPU
- RAM / Storage: 4GB / 64GB, 6GB / 64GB, 6GB / 128GB
- External Storage: up to 256GB with microSD
SIM Type and Count
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZUI 11
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, Dual LED flash, 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture for 8x hybrid zoom, 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture for portrait shots
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Weight: 164g
Network / Connectivity
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 5
- GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- 4050mAh battery with 15W fast charging
Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition Price and Market Availability
- 4GB/64GB model goes for CNY1,199 ($174)
- 6GB/64GB model goes for CNY1,399 ($203)
- 6GB/128GB model goes for CNY1,699 ($246)
It will go on sale in China from May 28 through the company’s official China site, TMall, and JD.com.
Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Lenovo Z6 Youth Edition are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.