Qualcomm just announced the Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2, the company’s latest mid-range 7 series Mobile Platform, as the successor to the Snapdragon 7 Gen 1.
This has a 1+3+4 architecture, and the Kryo CPU promises over 50% improvement, reaching peak speeds up to 2.91 GHz, while the Adreno GPU promises 2x the performance compared to Snapdragon 7 Gen 1.
Since this uses TSMC 4nm processor technology, it promises 13% improved power efficiency compared to the predecessor. There are Snapdragon Elite Gaming features like Auto Variable Rate Shading (VRS), Volumetric Rendering and Snapdragon Sound with Qualcomm aptX for lossless music streaming and lag-free sound for gaming.
It has 18-bit Triple ISP with support for up to 200MP photo capture and staggered HDR video capture with triple exposure from two cameras simultaneously.
The Qualcomm AI Engine, promises over 2x improved AI performance
with 40% better performance per Watt than its predecessor. The AI Super
Resolution can intelligently upscale game scenes or photos from a low-resolution image (1080p to 4K).
The SoC integrates Snapdragon X62 5G Modem-RF System, and for the first time in the Snapdragon 7-series, this has support for 4G/5G Dual-SIM Dual Active (DSDA). The Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 features the Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 Mobile Connectivity System for Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 (SM7475) Key Specs
- 1 x Kryo Prime CPUs (Cortex X2-based) at up to 2.91GHz, 3 x Kryo Performance CPUs (Cortex A710-based) at up to 2.49GHz, 4x Kryo Efficiency CPUs (Cortex A510-based) at up to 1.8GHz
- TSMC 4nm process Process Technology
- Built-in Qualcomm Snapdragon X62 5G modem-RF system, 5G mmWave and sub-6 GHz
- 5G download speeds of up to 4.4Gpbs
- Qualcomm Adreno GPU, OpenGL ES 3.2, OpenCL 2.0 FP,Vulkan 1.1
- Hardware-accelerated H.265 and VP9 decoder; HDR Playback Codec support for HDR10+, HDR10, HLG and Dolby Vision
- Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec (WCD9385), New Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier (WSA8835), Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N), Playback: -108dB, Qualcomm Audio and Voice Communication Suite
- Up to 32 MP triple camera, Up to 64+36 MP dual camera, Up to 108 MP single camera with ZSL, Up to 200MP single camera, Qualcomm Spectra Image Sensor Processor (Triple 18-bit ISPs)
- On-Device Display Support: QHD+ @ 120 Hz, Maximum External Display Support: up to 4K @ 60 Hz, 10-bit color depth, Rec. 2020 color gamut, HDR10 and HDR10+
- 4K HDR Video Capture + 64 MP Photo Capture, 10-bit HEIF: HEIC photo capture, HEVC video capture, Video Capture Formats: HDR10+, HDR10, HLG, 4K HDR Video Capture @ 30 FPS, Slow-mo video capture at 1080p 240 FPS
- Qualcomm Hexagon Processor, Fused AI Accelerator, Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, Hexagon Vector eXtensions, Hexagon Scalar Accelerator, Support for mix precision (INT8+INT16), Support for all precisions (INT8, INT16, FP16)
- LPDDR5 3200MHz memory
- Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) Multi-gigabit, Integrated 802.11ac 2×2 (2-stream) MU-MIMO, 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz and 6GHz, Bluetooth 5.3, LE Audio, Dual Bluetooth antennas, Bluetooth audio: Snapdragon Sound Technology with support for Qualcomm aptX Voice, aptX Lossless, aptX Adaptive, and LE audio, NFC
- GPS, Glonass, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS, NavIC capable, Dual Frequency GNSS (L1/L5), Sensor-Assisted Positioning, Urban pedestrian navigation with sidewalk accuracy, Global freeway lane-level vehicle navigation
- USB 3.1, USB-C
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 5 technology
Qualcomm has confirmed that Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 platform will be adopted by global OEMs and brands including Redmi and realme, with commercial devices expected to be launched this month. Based on teasers, it should be realme GT Neo5 SE.