Chinese tech giant and BBK subsidiary OPPO has officially presented its latest flagship under the Find X series. The lineup is made up of the Find X5 and Find X5 Pro. As expected, the OPPO Find X5 Pro is more premium than the vanilla model in several aspects including image processing, battery technology, and even the finishing. Let’s take a look at the specs and features of the Find X5 Pro.
OPPO Find X5 Pro launched
The OPPO Find X5 Pro is a premium device packing a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440p, 1,300 nits peak brightness, and a variable refresh rate that reaches up to 120Hz. The display also comes with a 10-bit color rendering, 100% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space, and up to 1,000Hz touch sampling rate.
Rumors of a Dimensity 9000 chipset for the Find X5 Pro is completely false as the device is powered by a Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset paired with 12GB RAM while there is 256GB storage onboard.
The premium flagship runs the Android 12-based ColorOS 12.1 which brings some improvement in security, aesthetics, and privacy over ColorOS 12. The OS also brings a new Multi-Screen Connect feature, allowing users to switch between the phone and Windows PC.
The Find X5 Pro comes with a self-developed 6nm MariSilicon X chip which delivers the most important upgrade on the phone – the camera processor. The chip relays AI noise reduction and a host of image processing duties including 4K Ultra Night Video with reduced photographic noise and better colors than typical night video. Additionally, OPPO says the image chip enables the capture of HDR video at 20-bits per channel on the phone.
The phone’s camera configuration includes a 50MP wide Sony IMX766 and a second 50MP ultrawide sensor. There is a third 13MP telephoto sensor with 2x optical magnification (52mm) and 5x hybrid zoom. The camera also comes with the Hasselblad Natural Color Calibration feature, which relies on the new 13-channel color sensor. OPPO also installed a glass front element on the cameras in other to improve color accuracy and reduce chromatic aberration. You also get a new 5-axis optical image stabilization system that combines lens and sensor-shift tech.
For selfies, there is a 32MP Sony IMX709 sensor with RGBW sub-pixels, 80° FoV, automatic 90° group selfie mode.
In terms of the build quality, the Find X5 Pro packs a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus at the front while the rear panel is made from ceramic which is tougher than glass. Apart from strength, the ceramic panel also assists in heat conduction, thus improving cooling.
The devices is fueled by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 80W SuperVOOC charging capable of charging the phone from 0-50% in 12 minutes. The phone also features support for 50W AirVOOC charging which can fully charge the phone in just 47 minutes. The device is fitted with a Battery Health Engine that extends the battery life and can withstand up to 1,600 charge cycles before the battery starts degrading by 20%. The phone also has a 3D graphene film covering the charging coil and the motherboard in order to improve cooling. There is also a vapor chamber for the Snapdragon chip which is said to be 75% bigger than on the previous model.
Oppo Find X5 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 20, 25, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, February 24
- Status: Exp. release 2022, March 14
- Dimensions: 163.7 x 73.9 x 8.5 mm (6.44 x 2.91 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 218 g (7.69 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), ceramic back, aluminum frame
- Colors: PFEM10, PFFM10, CPH2305
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, eSIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: LTPO2 AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, BT.2020, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1300 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~89.6% screen-to-body ratio
- Resolution: 1440 x 3216 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~525 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Storage: 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.7, 25mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS (3-axis sensor-shift, 2-axis lens-shift)
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 2x optical zoom, PDAF
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 15mm, 110˚ (ultrawide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF
- Features: Hasselblad Color Calibration, LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps; gyro-EIS; HDR, 10‑bit video
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 21mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: Panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W, 50% in 12 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 50W, 100% in 47 min (advertised)
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- USB Power Delivery
Model: PFEM10, PFFM10, CPH2305
Oppo Find X5 Pro Price and Availability
The Oppo Find X5 Pro comes in Ceramic White and Glaze Black and is priced at €1,300 for the sole 12GB+256GB option. The device will go on sale on March 14.