Today, OPPO unveiled two flagships called the Oppo Find X5 and the Find X5 Pro. The vanilla variant bears almost similar camera setup as the Pro model.
OPPO Find X5 Launched With Snapdragon 888
The OPPO Find X5 is powered by last year’s Snapdragon 888 chipset – less powerful as the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip onboard the Find X5 Pro. However, the chipset still places the vanilla model in the flagship category. OPPO still retained the custom 6nm MariSilicon X image processing chip on the device as well as the Hasselblad Natural Color Calibration feature.
The processor is paired with 8GB RAM while there is 256GB internal storage on the model. It equally runs on the latest ColorOS 12.1 which is based on the Android 12 operating system. ColorOS 12.1 brings some improvement in security, aesthetics, and privacy over ColorOS 12. The OS also brings a new Multi-Screen Connect feature, allowing users to switch between the phone and Windows PC.
The vanilla X5 packs a slightly smaller 6.55-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1080p+. Although it is not an LTPO panel, it comes with up to a 120Hz refresh rate.
For the camera department, the Find X5 packs an almost similar setup as the X5 Pro, including two Sony IMX766 wide and ultrawide sensors. The wide sensor comes with a regular Optical Image Stabilization (IOS) but not the 5-axis OIS onboard the Pro model. The device equally packs a 13MP telephoto camera with 2z optical magnification and a 52mm lens. For selfies, there is a 32MP camera but it is an older Sony IMX615 sensor with 81° FoV.
Under the hood, the Find X5 crams a 4,800mAh battery and you also get the same support for 80W SuperVOOC wired fast charging as the Find X5 Pro. The phone also comes with 30W AirVOOC wireless charging slightly lower than the 45W wireless charging on the X5 Pro. Although the Snapdragon 888 chipset doesn’t have the same heating issue as the SD 8 Gen1, the device comes with a multi-tier cooling system just like its bigger sibling including an extra-large vapor chamber. There is also no IP rating for dust and water protection.
OPPO Find X5 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 18, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, February 24
- Status: Exp. release 2022, March 14
- Dimensions: 160.3 x 72.6 x 8.7 mm (6.31 x 2.86 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, eSIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1000 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~89.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 680
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Storage: 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 2x optical zoom, PDAF
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 15mm, 110˚ (ultrawide), 1/1.56″, 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF
- Features: Hasselblad Color Calibration, LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps; gyro-EIS; HDR, 10‑bit video
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.4, 25mm (wide), 1/2.74″, 0.8µm
- Features: Panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4800 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 80W
- Fast wireless charging 30W
- Reverse wireless charging 10W
- USB Power Delivery
OPPO Find X5 Price and Availability
The OPPO Find X5 will go on sale on March 14 and carries a price tag of €999 in Europe. Just like the Pro model, it is available in a single 8GB+256GB option.
The Find X5 comes in Black and White colorways.