vivo has announced a new budget smartphone called vivo Y30G. The Y30 series includes three smartphones – Y30, Y30 Standard Edition, and a Y30 for China. The number has now increased to four as the company just unveiled the vivo Y30g.
Under the hood, the vivo Y30G features the MediaTek Helio P65 chipset. This chipset is quite old at this point but still is decent for everyday tasks. It comes with two Cortex-A75 cores and six Cortex-A55 cores. The chipset is based on 12nm architecture and has a Mali-G52 GPU. It is hooked with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. If that isnâ€™t enough for you, you can easily expand it with a good microSD card up to 1TB.
The vivo Y30G is built around a 6.51-inch IPS LCD panel with HD+ resolution ( 1600 x 720 pixels) and a 20:9 aspect ratio. This display has a standard 60Hz refresh rate and a waterdrop notch that houses a modest 8MP snapper. Moving around to the back we have a rectangular cutout housing a dual-camera setup. It comprises a 13MP primary camera and a 2MP depth sensor. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that doubles as a power button.
The phone draws power from a 5,000mAh battery complete with 18W charging. On the connectivity side, it comes with 4G LTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 b / g / n / ca, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / A-GPS, Micro USB, and a 3.5m headphone jack.
The device measures 164.41 x 76.32 x 8.41mm and weighs in at 191.4 grams. Just like other Vivo smartphones in China, the device comes with Android 11-based OriginOS. Vivoâ€™s latest skin seems to be a Chinese exclusive software branch as global smartphones are still shipping with Funtouch OS 11. Maybe the company will bring it to global phones in the future.
vivo Y30G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, March 30
- Status: Available. Released 2021, March 30
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 76.3 x 8.4 mm (6.47 x 3.00 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 191.4 g (6.77 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Obsidian Black, Dawn White, Aqua Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.51 inches, 102.3 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS 1.0
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6768 Helio P65 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/1.8, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
vivo Y30G Price and Availability
The vivo Y30G comes in Aqua Blue, Dawn White, and Obsidian Black colorways. The price for the handset is CNY 1,499 (~$228). For now, it will remain Chinese exclusive. But knowing Vivo, it will probably reach other markets in the coming months, probably with a different name.