Xiaomi has launched the Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G smartphone in India. It is the latest addition to the Mi 10 series, which comprises the Xiaomi Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10T, and Mi 10T Pro. While these models are equipped with Snapdragon 865, the Xiaomi Mi 10i is powered by a mid-range chipset with 5G capabilities. Some other highlights of the smartphone include a 120Hz refresh rate supporting display and a 108-megapixel quad camera setup.
Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G
The Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G is built around an IPS LCD panel of 6.67 inches. The FHD+ screen offers a 20:9 aspect ratio, 450nits brightness, HDR10, a 120Hz refresh rate, and a 240Hz touch sampling rate. The Mi 10 5G is an IP53 rated device that comes with a water-repellent coating.
The Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G boasts a selfie camera of 16-megapixel with EIS. It can shoot 30fps 1080p videos and 120fps slow-motion videos. There is a round-shaped camera module on the backside. It features the brand-new Samsung ISOCELL HM2 108-megapixel camera as the primary shooter. It is the second-generation lens that succeeds the 108-megapixel shooter found on the other Mi 10 series smartphones. The main camera of the Mi 10i 5G is coupled with an 8-megapixel superwide lens with a FOV of 120 degrees, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth assist lens.
Under the hood, the Snapdragon 750G chipset that tags along with Adreno 619 graphics powers the Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G. The SoC is accompanied by up to 8 GB of LPPDR4x RAM and 256 GB of UFS 2.2 storage. There is a shared SIM slot onboard for adding a microSD card to the device. The Mi 10i 5G has built-in 11 temperature sensors on the rear side for modulating on-device temperature. In addition, its internal temperature is regulated by means of the inbuilt cooling system.
The Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G comes preinstalled with MIUI 12 based Android 10 OS. The device is backed by a 4,820mAh battery that is coupled with 33W fast charging. It also features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The Xiaomi Mi 10i is a modified version of the Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite. Both phones have identical specs, but they only differ in the main camera department. The Mi 10 Lite has a 64-megapixel primary camera, whereas the Mi 10i gets the new 108-megapixel lens. Also, the Mi 10i is already available in China with a different moniker of Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G.
Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 77, 78 Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, January 05
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January 08
- Dimensions: 165.4 x 76.8 x 9 mm (6.51 x 3.02 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 214.5 g (7.55 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5)
- Colors: Pacific Sunrise, Midnight Black, Atlantic Blue
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, HDR10, 120Hz, 450 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.2
- Main Camera: Quad
- 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1.0µm
- Features: Panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Type: Li-Po 4820 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W, 100% in 58 min (advertised)
- Power delivery
Mi 10i 5G Price and Availability
Here is the pricing of the different variants of the Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G in India:
- 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage – INR 20,999 (~$287)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – INR 21,999 (~$300)
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage – INR 23,999 (~$328)
The Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G is available in three colors such as Midnight Black, Atlantic Blue, and Pacific Sunrise.
The Chinese firm will be starting with the sales of the smartphone from 12 PM on Jan. 8 through Amazon, Mi.com, and Mi Home.
Amazon India will be giving early access to Prime subscribers through the Prime Day sale on Jan. 7 (12 PM). The 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant will be available for purchase a bit later.