vivo is closing the year 2020 with the introduction of the vivo X60 series. The vivo X60 series is a successor to the vivo X50 series launched earlier this year. Both the vivo X60 and X60 Pro have been launched today sporting the Samsung’s latest Exynos 1080 chipset and Zeiss optics onboard.
vivo X60 Pro
Starting off with the design, the vivo X60 Pro is a pretty thin and lightweight device at 7.36mm and 178-grams respectively. The company boasts that it is not too wide and should be comfortable to use for long hours. The smartphone has an AG Glass back panel with a Satin finish and a dual-curved display with a 32MP punch-hole selfie camera on the front. You will also find an in-display optical fingerprint sensor onboard here.
vivo X60 Pro is built around a 6.56-inch Full-HD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. The panel touts a 2376 × 1080-pixels resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, peak brightness up to 1300 nits, HDR10+ support, and a lot more.
vivo X60 Pro is the “first smartphone to be powered by the Samsung Exynos 1080 SoC.” It is the Korean giant’s first 5nm chipset. Exynos 1080 is an octa-core chipset with 4 Cortex-A78 cores and 4 Cortex-A55 cores. It is coupled with Mali-G78 MP10 GPU and supports dual-mode (SA/NSA) 5G connectivity.
The chipset onboard is paired with up to 12GB of LPDDR4X RAM and up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 built-in storage. vivo X60 Pro comes equipped with a 4,200mAh battery with 33W fast-charging support. It is also the first vivo smartphone to run the new Android 11-based OriginOS skin out-of-the-box. If you want to learn when your vivo smartphone will get the OriginOS update, check out the update roadmap right here.
Going to the camera department. The rectangular quad-camera island is helmed by a primary 48MP (f/1.48) Sony IMX598 sensor. This camera supports the micro-head 5-axis gimbal-like video image stabilization (VIS) that we have already seen on the vivo X50 Pro.
You also have a 13MP ultra-wide lens with a 120-degree FOV and 2.5 macro support, a 13MP telephoto lens (or portrait lens) with 2x optical zoom, and an 8MP periscope-cum-telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom and 60x digital zoom capability. vivo X60 Pro’s periscope camera is optically-stabilized.
The camera setup has been developed in partnership with ZEISS, which is one of the biggest names in the optics department. The vivo X60 Pro’s camera supports ZEISS Biotar portrait (vortex-style blurred background), Night Mode, 21:9 Cinematic vlog mode, memory recolor, multi-focal pro sport modes, and a lot more.
vivo X60 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, December 29
- Status Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 73.2 x 7.6 mm (6.24 x 2.88 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 178 g (6.28 oz)
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Gray, Aurora
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.56 inches, 104.6 cm2 (~90.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2376 pixels 19:8:9 (~398 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS
- Chipset: Exynos 1080
- CPU: Octa-core 2.8 GHz
- GPU: Mali-G78 MP10
- RAM: 12GB
- Internal Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.48, (wide), PDAF, gimbal OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.48, 125mm (periscope telephoto), 1/4.0″, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.48, 50mm (portrait), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide)
- Features: Zeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.45, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under-display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4200 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W
Price and Availability
The vivo X60 Pro is available for pre-order today and will ship on January 8 in China. Its solo 12/256GB model goes for CNY 4,500 (€560, $686 converted).