Today, vivo launched its X60 series in China with Samsung’s latest Exynos 1080 Soc. The vivo X60 Series includes vivo X60, X60 Pro, and X60 Pro+. Although today the company only announced vivo X60 and X60 Pro. vivo X60 Pro+ will be launched in January 2021. Both vivo X60 and X60 Pro are the world’s first smartphones powered by Samsung’s Exynos 1080 SoC.
Both phones have a very lightweight and thin design. Moreover, vivo X60 is the thinnest 5G smartphone till now. vivo X60 and X60 Pro have a punch-hole camera placed at the top center of the phone. The volume rockers and power buttons are on the right side of the smartphones. The rear camera setup is placed at the top-left corner of the smartphone’s backside.
It is built around a 6.56-inch AMOLED with FHD+ resolution and it has a 120Hz refresh rate. The smartphone is powered by Exynos 1080 SoC that is made on a 5nm process.
vivo X60 packs a triple camera setup at the back with a 48MP primary camera with OIS support, a 13MP ultrawide camera, and a 13MP portrait camera with 2x optical zoom. On the front side, there is a 32MP f/2.45 selfie camera.
The smartphone runs on Android 11 along with a new OriginOS user interface out of the box. vivo X60 has a 4300 mAh battery with 33W fast charging.
In connectivity options, the phone includes an in-display fingerprint scanner, dual-SIM support, 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, USB Type-C, and face unlock.
vivo X60 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 28A, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, December 29
- Status Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 159.63 x 75.01 x 7.36 mm (7.4mm)
- Weight: 175.6 g
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, Aurora, White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.56 inches, 104.6 cm2 (~90.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2376 pixels 19:8:9 (~398 ppi density)
- Android 11, OriginOS
- Chipset: Exynos 1080
- CPU: Octa-core 2.8 GHz
- GPU: Mali-G78 MP10
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.79, (wide), PDAF, gimbal OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.46, 50mm (portrait), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 120˚, 16mm (ultrawide)
- Features: Zeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.45, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 32-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under-display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4300 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W
vivo X60 Price and Availability
Just like the Pro version, the vivo X60 is also available for pre-order today and will ship on January 8 in China.
Both smartphones are expected to be available in Europe and India soon. Although there is no official confirmation from the company. The pricing of the standard vivo X60 is written below.
- CNY 3,498(~$535) for 8GB RAM + 128GB storage model
- CNY 3,800(~$581) for 8GB RAM + 256GB storage model