You Can Roll Back HarmonyOS TO EMUI 11.0 Stable Version Using HMA
Today, the Chinese tech giant officially made its HarmonyOS 2.0 official and now available for some Huawei Phones. The smartphones eligible to get the update includes Huawei P40, P40 Pro, Mate 30, Mate 30 Pro, and MatePad Pro devices. In addition to its availability OTA, this update also supports Android applications. Technically, Harmony OS is just a change in the bottom layer of Huaweiâ€™s previous system. This means that Android + EMUI will now work as Harmony OS 2.0 + EMUI.
According to Huaweiâ€™s official website, users on the HarmonyOS Beta version can roll back to the EMUI 11 stable version. This can be done usingÂ Huawei Mobile Assistant (HMA).
- Please make sure that you are currently using the official version of Huaweiâ€™s system. If your Huawei system before upgrade to HarmonyOS is not official, you will face the risk of unsuccessful rollback. Furthermore, this may also cause more issues for your device. If you have anÂ unofficial system package, go to any Huawei Customer Service Center to restore the system.
- Please make sure that the current version has not been unlocked or rooted.
- The rollback operation will erase all user data. Please be sure to back up all important data to a PC or cloud before rolling back. Also, confirm that the backup content is complete and valid.
- Please make sure that the phone has enough battery power. Your phone battery should be above 50%.
- Before rolling back, be sure to turn off the mobile phone retrieval function (find my mobile phone) and perform a factory reset operation to ensure that the remaining free space is sufficient.
- Before rolling back, please manually upgrade the computer terminal Huawei Mobile Assistant to the latest version.
- After the rollback is complete, the phone will automatically restart. Please wait for about 10 minutes. After the rollback is successful, the phone desktop displays the EMUI 11.0 default theme.