OPPO recently unveiled a new generation of Reno5 and Reno5 Pro and officially teasing the coming of a Pro+ variant. Today, the Chinese company has launched the OPPO Reno5 Pro+ 5G. It is the company’s latest flagship and features top notch specs like the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC, Sony’s high end IMX766 image sensor, and other notable features.
Reno5 Pro+ Camera
One of the features that makes the smartphone a premium grade handset is its camera department. Its primary lens is an IMX766 sensor, which was jointly developed with Sony. The sensor is able to intake 63.8 percent more light in comparison to IMX586 sensor. This translates to brighter and clearer photos and videos. This sensor has a 1.0μm large pixel and a size of about 1/1.56 inch.
The device sports a quad camera module on the rear, with a 50 megapixel primary camera, 16 megapixel ultra wide angle lens, 13 megapixel telephoto shooter, and a 2 megapixel marco sensor. Its telephoto lens offers a 5x hybrid zoom. Furthermore, the OPPO Reno5 Pro+ 5G supports DOL-HDR (digital overlay dynamic range technology), which improves the dynamic range and image and video quality when recording.
On the front, the Reno5 Pro+ 5G houses a 32 megapixel selfie shooter in a punch hole display. Additionally, the smartphone supports full pixel omnidirectional focusing technology with a unique 2×2 pixel structure, which enables faster and more accurate focusing. This also allows video lock tracking that locks onto a static subject to offer better stabilization during focus tracking.
Specs and Features
The display on the OPPO Reno5 Pro+ 5G is a 6.5 inch FHD+ curved display with a 90Hz high refresh rate. Under the hood, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC runs the device, which is paired with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
The device is powered by a large 4,500mAh battery pack that supports up to 65W fast charging. In terms of thickness, the device only measures 7.9mm and weighs 184 grams. For cooling, a three dimensional VC liquid cooling system is housed as well.
OPPO Reno5 Pro+ 5G Full Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 28, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2020, December 24
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 159.9 x 72.5 x 8 mm (6.30 x 2.85 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 184 g (6.49 oz)
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Black, Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 90Hz, HDR10+, 800 nits (typ), 1100 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.55 inches, 103.6 cm2 (~89.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~402 ppi density)
- Protection: Unspecified
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 8GB, 12GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB, 256GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.56″, PDAF, OIS
- 13 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, optical zoom
- 16 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: Dual LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, HDR
- Selfie Camera: Single 32 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W
- SuperVOOC 2.0
- Reverse charging
Models: PDRM00, PDRT00
OPPO Reno5 Pro+ 5G Price and Availability
The OPPO Reno5 Pro+ 5G is priced at 3,999 Yuan (roughly 612 US Dollars) for the 8GB RAM and 128GB storage variant and 4,499 Yuan (roughly 690 US Dollars) for the 12GB RAM and 256GB storage. It will officially launch on December 29, 2020 and arrives in either black or white two color options.
Notably, the company is collaborating with known artist Joshua Vides for a limited edition of the device, which is priced at 4,499 Yuan as well; its pre order begins from January 18, 2020, and sales start from January 22, 2020.