The Realme 6 and Realme 6 Pro has been launched and both bring substantial upgrades over their predecessors despite coming just five months later – new chipsets, 90Hz displays and 30W fast-charging.
This is the first Realme smartphone to be powered by Mediatekâ€™s gaming-oriented G90T chipset. The 12nm platform brings an octa-core CPU with two 2.05GHz Cortex A76 big cores and six 2GHz Cortex-A55 power efficient cores, Mali-G76 MC4 GPU and is coupled with either 4GB, 6GB, or 8GB RAM.
The Realme 6 is built around a 6.5-inch LCD, just as big as on the Realme 5, but the resolution got upgraded to FullHD+ and it now comes with 90Hz refresh rate. It has Gorilla Glass 3 on top and a punch hole for 16MP F/2.0 selfie camera with relatively large 1/3.1″ sensor.
There are four snappers on the back – 64MP main one with Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 sensor, 8MP f/2.3 ultrawide unit, 2MP dedicated macro shooter and a 2MP B&W auxiliary unit for enhancing the portrait shots.
Realme 6 is coming in 64GB and 128GB UFS2.1 storage versions and both get a dedicated microSD slot alongside the dual SIM Slots.
On the inside, there is also a 4,300 mAh battery that could be charged in one hour with the 30W charger in the box.
Realme 6 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/75 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, March 5
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, March 11
- Dimensions: 162.1 x 74.8 x 8.9 mm (6.38 x 2.94 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 191 g (6.74 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- Colours: Comet Blue, Comet White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Splash resistant
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.5 inches, 102.0 cm2 (~84.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~405 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 480 nits typ. brightness
- 120Hz touch-sensing
- Android 10.0; Realme UI
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6785 Helio G90T (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8Âµm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12Âµm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 22mm (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75Âµm
- 2 MP B/W, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0Âµm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4300 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 30W: 100% in 55 min
Realme 6 Price and Price
There are three versions on offer:
- 4/64 GB model goes for INR12,999 ($177)
- 6/128 GB model goes for INR14,999 ($204)
- 8/128 GB goes for INR15,999 ($218)
You can pre-order the phone now with an INR3,000 deposit. Actual sales will take place on March 11 at noon Indian time at Flipkart and Realme.com.