Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has finally unleashed its first flagship smartphone from its Redmi sub-brand, Redmi K20 series at the Beijing University Gymnasium. Since Redmi went independent in January 2019, the company has released a couple of mid-range smartphones which include Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi 7 and others. Now, the Redmi K20 series which has Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro have finally been released.
The Redmi K20 is the lower variant of the series. Despite its position as a second-fiddle device in the series, it still comes with many flagship features that make this smartphone desirable. The design of this smartphone is technically the same as its bigger sibling.
One of the key differences between the Redmi K20 Pro and the K20 is that the latter is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 SoC. Although Redmi claims that this chip is almost at par with the SD855, it managed to score only 218,625 on AnTuTu (chip score).
The Snapdragon 730 is based on the 8nm process technology and it adopts the fourth-generation Kryo architecture. The CPU clock speed is up to 2.2GHz and the GPU is Adreno 618. Apart from the change in the processor, all other aspects of this device are technically the same with the Redmi K20 Pro.
Redmi K20 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA)
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, June 1
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 191 g
- Build: Back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame (7000 series)
- Colours: Carbon black, Flame red, Glacier blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~86.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Storage/RAM: 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 64/128 GB, 6 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Camera: Triple (48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 13 MP, f/2.4, (ultrawide) + 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 20 MP, f/2.2, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Price
As for the pricing of this smartphone, the Redmi K20 has only two variant and it starts at 1999 Yuan ($290) for the base 6GB RAM + 64GB storage variant. The 6GB + 128GB version will cost 2,099 Yuan ($304).
To entice gamers into buying this phone, Redmi is also launching an attachable gamepad for CNY179. There are also some colourful plastic-rubbery cases for CNY39, with all the products to arrive for a flash sale on June 1 at exactly 10 AM.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Xiaomi Redmi K20 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.