Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has finally unleashed its first flagship smartphone from its Redmi sub-brand, Redmi K20 series at the Beijing University Gymnasium. Since Redmi went independent in January 2019, the company has released a couple of mid-range smartphones which include Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi 7 and others. Now, the Redmi K20 series which has Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro have finally been released.
Redmi K20 Pro
The Redmi K20 Pro is equipped with the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core SoC (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485) coupled with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. On AnTuTu, this smartphone runs 388,803. It has an Adreno 640 GPU. It comes with a 6.39-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 and a 91.9% screen to body ratio. This display comes with eye screen 2.0 and DC dimming.
The front camera uses a pop-up solution which comes with a seamless 0.8s rise after the camera shutter is pressed. The company also claimed that this camera can withstand 300,000 rises and falls just like the Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 slide design.
In addition, the Redmi K20 Pro uses a rear-mounted Sony 48MP wide-angle main camera with a 13MP super-wide sensor and an 8MP telephoto lens. It supports 960 frames of super slow motion video shooting, handheld super night scene mode, portrait mode, 2x optical zoom and shooting proofs. The main lens is Sony IMX586 with an aperture of F / 1.75 and it supports support PDAF phase focus. For selfies, this smartphone is equipped with a 20MP pop-up camera which supports multiple beauty modes, large wide-angle panoramic imaging, and self-timer angle mode.
This device is also equipped with the 7th generation on-screen fingerprint recognition sensor which supports floating response, display preloading, and DSP parallel algorithm acceleration.
The battery capacity is 4000 mAh with 27W fast charge (Quick Charge 4+) support which promises to deliver a full charge in 73 minutes. It adopts a double-sided three-dimensional heat dissipation structure as well as Game Turbo 2.0 technology which makes this device good for high-demanding games like PUGB. This smartphone is also equipped with a custom game controller priced at $26 while supporting an ultra-sensitive touch
Redmi K20 Pro Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat18 1200/150 Mbps
- Announced: May, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, June 1
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 191 g
- Build: Back glass (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame (7000 series)
- Colours: Carbon black, Flame red, Glacier blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~86.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Storage/RAM: 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6/8 GB RAM or 64 GB, 6 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Camera: Triple (48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 13 MP, f/2.4, (ultrawide) + 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), PDAF, 2x optical zoom)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 20 MP, f/2.2, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 27W (Quick Charge 4+)
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Price
The Redmi K20 Pro will have four versions for the regular phone and a fifth option, dubbed Avengers Edition, coming with some goodies in the retail box. Sadly, Weibing did not say anything about a launch or a price tag of the limited edition. Here’s a list of the pricing of the regular Redmi K20 Pro:
|RAM + Storage options||Price in CNY||Price in USD / EUR|
|6 GB + 64 GB||2499||$361 / €323|
|6 GB + 128 GB||2599||$377 / €337|
|8 GB + 128 GB||2799||$405 / €362|
|8 GB + 256 GB||2999||$434 / €388|
To entice gamers into buying this phone, Redmi is also launching an attachable gamepad for CNY179. There are also some colourful plastic-rubbery cases for CNY39, with all the products to arrive for a flash sale on June 1 at exactly 10 AM.
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.