Earlier this year, ZTE announced the Blade V40 series globally. The series consists of the Blade 40, Blade 40 5G, Blade 40 Vita, and the Blade 40 Pro. Out of these models, the company has just debuted the ZTE Blade 40 Pro in Mexico.
Starting off with the design, the smartphone features a curved back panel with a rectangular camera module. The device has curved edges and features a volume rocker and a power button on the right side. The power button also doubles at the fingerprint sensor.
Up front, the smartphone has a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a centered punch hole for the selfie camera. The panel features a thick chin, and slim bezels and offers full coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut.
Under the hood, the smartphone comes equipped with the UNISOC T618 chipset (12nm, 2x Cortex-A75 @ 2.0 GHz, Mali G52 MP2). It is offered with 6GB RAM (virtually expandable up to 4GB) and 128GB in-built storage. The battery has 5,100mAh capacity and supports 65W fast charging.
As for optics, the V40 Pro brings a triple camera setup on the back consisting of a 64MP primary sensor paired with a 5MP macro camera and a 2MP depth sensor. Up front, it has a 16MP selfie snapper with an AI beauty filter. The device is capable of 4G LTE connectivity, WiFi, Bluetooth, and has a USB-C port for charging. Lastly, it runs on an Android 11-based operating system.
ZTE Blade V40 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2022, March 01
- Status: Available. Released 2022, July 08
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 76.2 x 8.3 mm (6.45 x 3.00 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Dark Green, Iridescent White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~86.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Unisoc Tiger T618 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali G52 MP2
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 128GB 6GB RAM
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30ps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes
- NFC: No
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5100 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 65W, 50% in 15 min (advertised)
ZTE Blade V40 Pro Price and Availability
The ZTE Blade V40 Pro has been priced at $365 in Mexico. It is available in Dark Green and Indescent White colors and can be purchased from telcel.com.