The Poco C40 is expected to make a global debut on June 16 but the brand has already made the Vietnam variant of the budget smartphone official earlier today. Everything about the device is officially out, including its pricing and availability.
The Poco C40 features a 6.71-inch display (LCD) with a resolution of 1560 x 720 pixels (HD+), a 60Hz refresh rate, and 400 nits peak brightness level. The panel has a dewdrop notch and it is protected by an unspecified version of Corning Gorilla Glass.
Talking about the chipset, the Poco C40 is powered by a JLQ JR10chipset. It is the first smartphone from a known brand to house this chip.
On the software front, it boots Android 11. Unfortunately, the exact version of MIUI is not known at the moment.
As far as optics are concerned, there’s a dual-camera setup on the rear comprising of a 13MP primary shooter and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front, there’s a 5MP snapper for selfies and video calls.
Connectivity options on the phone include a dual SIM card slot, 4G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GNSS, and a USB Type-C port. Other features include a dedicated MicroSD card slot, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
A 6,000mAh battery backs the handset with support for 18W fast charging. However, it ships with a 10W charger.
The device’s body is entirely made of plastic. It measures 169.59 x 76.56 x 9.18mm in dimensions and weighs 204g.
POCO C40 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2022, June 06
- Status: Exp. release 2022, June 17
- Dimensions: 169.6 x 76.6 x 9.2 mm (6.68 x 3.02 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: 204 g (7.20 oz)
- Colors: Power Black, Coral Green, Poco Yellow
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Dust & splash resistant
- Type: IPS LCD, 400 nits
- Size: 6.71 inches, 106.5 cm2 (~82.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1650 pixels (~268 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Android 11, MIUI 13 for POCO
- Chipset: JLQ JR510 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC1
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Internal: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP, f/2.2
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
Poco C40 Price and Availability
The Poco C40 comes in either black, yellow, or green color options. It is available in a single 4GB + 64GB memory configuration, at least in Vietnam.
The handset is priced at VND 3,490,000 ($150) in Vietnam. It is scheduled to go on sale from June 17 in the country. According to reports, the phone will likely be priced at $177 globally.