As earlier announced, Samsung just held its Galaxy A Event, which is the company’s second major event of 2022, and announced two new Galaxy A phones: the Samsung Galaxy A33 5G and Galaxy A53 5G. These two come with a stylish design, OIS support, and loads of attractive features.
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Unveiled
Samsung Galaxy A33 5G has an attractive look and features the Ambient Edge design. This includes a rectangular rear camera bump smoothly blended into the rear panel. The device has recycled post-consumer materials (PCM) for the side buttons and a SIM card tray as Samsung’s eco-friendly initiative.
There’s also an Infinity-U display. The display panel spans 6.4-inches, is Super AMOLED in nature, and supports a 90Hz refresh rate. It is powered by the newly-introduced octa-core 5nm Exynos 1280 chipset, along with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. While supporting expandable storage (up to 1TB), the phone also supports RAM Plus for extended RAM.
The cameras are another highlight of the phone. Galaxy A33 5G includes a 48MP main camera with OIS, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, a 5MP macro camera, and a 5MP depth sensor. The front camera stands at 32MP. The device packs support for the VDIS tech for sharp and crisp shots, AI Portrait mode, improved Night mode, a Fun mode for AR filters, Object Eraser, Photo Remaster, and more.
The A33 promises a 2-day battery life with a 5.000mAh battery, which supports 25W fast charging. The device runs One UI 4.0 based on Android 12. Samsung promises up to 4 years of software updates and up to 5 years of security updates.
Additionally, Samsung Galaxy A33 5G has an IP67 rating for water and dust resistance, stereo speakers, Samsung Knox, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth version 5.1, and more.
Samsung Galaxy A33 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, March 17
- Status: Exp. release 2022, April 22
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 74 x 8.1 mm (6.29 x 2.91 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 186 g (6.56 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame, plastic back
- Colors: Black, White, Blue, Peach
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 mins)
- Type: Super AMOLED, 90Hz
- Size: 6.4 inches, 98.9 cm2 (~83.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 12, One UI 4.1
- Chipset: Samsung Exynos 1280
- CPU: Octa-core (2.4 GHz & 2.0 GHz)
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 123˚, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, compass
- Virtual proximity sensing
- Battery Type & Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 25W
Samsung Galaxy A33 5G Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A33 5G starts at 369 Euros (around NGN 170,000). The phone will be available for purchase, starting April 1.