Last month, Honor launched its flagship Honor Magic4 series smartphones for the global market and now the company has announced yet another model in the lineup in the Chinese market — Honor Magic4 Ultimate.
It has been launched as the top-end model in the Magic4 series and comes with upgraded camera specifications. DXOMark testing has awarded 146 points to the phone’s camera, topping the Huawei P50 Pro.
The Honor Magic4 Ultimate features a 6.81-inch LTPO OLED display that offers a 1312 x 2848 pixels screen resolution and an adaptive refresh rate of up to 120Hz. Under the hood, it is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, coupled with up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage.
The company says that it has used a custom image processor which has been designed especially for this smartphone. It offers 28.8 TOPS peak performance with a power efficiency of 13.4 TOPS per Watt.
The primary camera sensor on the device has a massive 1/1.12” sensor and continues with the same 50-megapixel sensor. The larger 1.4 µm pixels are combined with an improved lens, an 8P design with an f/1.6 aperture.
The ultra-wide-angle lens on the device has a 1/2″ 64-megapixel sensor and is slightly wider at 126-degree. The 7P lens has an f/2.2 aperture and features special coatings. There’s also a new 50-megapixel spectrum enhanced camera.
It also comes with a 64-megapixel telephoto camera with a 90 mm lens with OIS. The phone also has an 8-channel sensor that detects the color temperature of ambient light. On the front side, there’s a 12-megapixel snapper and a 3D depth sensor for face recognition.
The phone is running the Android 12 operating system out-of-the-box with the Magic UI 6.0 on top. It is powered by a 4,600mAh battery that comes with support for 100W fast charging and 50W wireless charging.
Honor Magic4 Ultimate Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2022, March 17
- Status: Exp. release 2022, April 22
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 74.7 x 11.4 mm (6.44 x 2.94 x 0.45 in)
- Weight: 242 g (8.54 oz)
- Build: Glass front, ceramic back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Ceramic Black, Ceramic White
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: LTPO OLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.81 inches, 113.7 cm2 (~93.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1312 x 2848 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~460 ppi density)
- Protection: Scratch-resistant glass
- Android 12, Magic UI 6, Google Play Services
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.40 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.70 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Storage: 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Penta
- 50 MP, f/1.6, 23mm (wide), 1/1.12″, 1.4µm, PDAF, Laser AF
- 64 MP, f/2.2, 126˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm
- 64 MP, f/3.5, 90mm (periscope telephoto), 1/2.0″, 0.7µm, PDAF, OIS, 3.5x optical zoom
- 50 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/2.5″, PDAF
- TOF 3D (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10, 10-bit video
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 100˚ (ultrawide), 1.22µm
- TOF 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- 24-bit audio stereo recording
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS. Up to tri-band: GLONASS (1), BDS (3), GALILEO (2)
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, ultrasonic), Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, color spectrum
- Ultra Wideband (UWB) support
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4600 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 100W, 100% in 30 min (advertised)
- Fast wireless charging 50W
- Reverse wireless charging
- Reverse charging 5W
Honor Magic4 Ultimate Price and Availability
The Honor Magic4 Ultimate is being offered in two colors — Black and White. While the exact date is not yet known, it will be available for purchase in the Chinese market for the price of 8,000 yuan, which is approximately $1,260.