Alongside its OPPO Find X5 series flagship smartphones, smartphone manufacturer also launched its first tablet device for the Chinese market dubbed the OPPO Pad.
OPPO Pad Launched
The device has a design quite similar to the stylistic language of the Apple iPad, with a camera placed in the top right corner on the rear accompanied by an LED flash. It comes with large engravings spelling out OPPO on the back panel and also has a much tamer branding in the middle.
The OPPO Pad has noticeable bezzles all around the screen making for a body-to-screen ratio of 86.3%. The sides of the tablet have a flat edge design, offering a volume rocker when on the top when held horizontally.
The device is around 7mm thick and weighs around 510 grams. It is offered in two color options namely Black and Purple. The Purple color variant is treated with a large-area flash sand process to prevent fingerprints on the back while also improving texture.
The tablet comes equipped with an 11-inch LCD screen offering a resolution of 2560×1600 pixels with a pixel density of 275 PPI. The screen also gets a 120Hz refresh rate, a 1500:1 contrast ratio, HDR10, and P3 wide color gamut. The company has also included Hardware-level anti-blue light solutions to the OPPO Pad to make it easy on the eyes of users.
Equipped with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 870 SoC, the tablet is offered with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. The tablet comes with a large 8360mAh battery supporting 33W fast charging. The tablet is equipped with an 8-megapixel front camera and a 13-megapixel rear camera.
To keep the temperatures under control through long use sessions, OPPO has installed multi-layered graphite + silicone heat dissipation system into the tablet. Offering a large heat dissipation area of 27413mm², the cooing solution makes sure that the device is able to output the best performance during long periods of heavy workflows.
For audio, the OPPO Pad has a quad-speaker setup comprised of second-generation ACC speakers which are equipped with four 1.8-1.9cm3 super-large independent sound chambers. The speakers support Dolby Atmos and are Hi-Res audio certified. On the software front, the OPPO Pad has android based ColorOS which comes with features like four-finger pinch, two-finger split-screen, parallel windows, and multi-device cross-screen collaboration.
Magnetic Keyboard and OPPO Pencil stylus
OPPO has also introduced the OPPO Pencil stylus with the OPPO Pad, which offers an adjustable tip to make feel more natural while using the stylus. The pencil has 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity supports magnetic suction and wireless fast charging. On a full charge, the stylus can be operated continuously for 13 hours.
The smart magnetic keyboard lacks a trackpad, however, it somewhat tries to make up for it with the Fn key and task key which can be used to perform shortcuts on the tablet.
OPPO Pad Artist Limited Edition
The OPPO Pad Artist edition brings with it a custom two-tone metallic silver finish including special patterns engraving on the top side of the back panel. The special edition is only available in 8GB RAM + 256GB storage configuration.
OPPO Pad Specifications
- 2G bands: N/A
- 3G bands: N/A
- 4G bands: N/A
- Announced: 2022, February 24
- Status: Exp. release 2022, March 03
- Dimensions: 252.2 x 163.8 x 7.1 mm (9.93 x 6.45 x 0.28 in)
- Weight: 507 g / 510 g (1.12 lb)
- Colors: Black, Silver, Purple
- SIM: No
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz, 480 nits
- Size: 11.0 inches, 350.9 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~274 ppi density)
- Android 11, ColorOS 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8250-AC Snapdragon 870 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.2 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.80 GHz Kryo 585)
- GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Single – 13 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), AF
- Features: LED flash, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: No
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 8360 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 33W
- Reverse charging
- USB Power Delivery
OPPO Pad Price and Availability
The OPPO Pad will be available for purchase in China starting at 10 am (local time) on March 3. The pricing details of the device are mentioned below.
- 6GB + 128GB – 2299 yuan ($363)
- 6GB + 256GB – 2699 yuan ($427)
- 8GB + 256GB – 2999 yuan ($474)
OPPO Pad Artist Edition
- 8GB + 256GB – 3499 yuan ($553)