BLU Mobile has launched its fourth smartphone in the G9 series called the BLU G91 Max. Tthe lineup includes other models such as BLU G91, G91S, and G91 Pro. These devices are powered by the Helio A25, Helio G80, and Helio G90 chipsets, respectively. The newly unveiled G91 Max comes equipped with a more powerful Helio G95. It offers other exciting features such as 108-megapixel quad cameras, a 5,000mAh battery, and a massive 6.8-inch display.
The BLU G91 Max sports a 6.81-inch IPS LCD panel that offers a Full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2,460 pixels, a 20.5:9 aspect ratio, and 396ppi pixel density. For selfies, it has a 16-megapixel camera for selfies and video calls.
The rear camera unit of the phone has a 108-megapixel Samsung HM2 primary lens with an f/1.79 aperture. It is coupled with a 5-megapixel wide-angle lens with a 115-degree FOV, a 2-megapixel depth sensor, and a 2-megapixel macro camera. For security, it supports face unlock and is fitted with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The MediaTek Helio G95 chipset is present under the hood of the BLU G91 Max. The device includes 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. It will come preinstalled with Android 11 OS.
The device packs in a 5,000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging through a USB-C port. The device also supports 10W wireless charging. For additional storage, it is equipped with a microSD card slot. It offers other features like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual SIM slots, 4G VoLTE, GPS, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
BLU G91 Max Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 28, 38
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2022, February 23
- Status: Available. Released 2022, February 23
- Dimensions: 168.6 x 77 x 8.9 mm (6.64 x 3.03 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 213 g (7.51 oz)
- Colors: Gray, Sky Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.8 inches, 109.8 cm2 (~84.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2460 pixels (~395 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Quad
- 108 MP, f/1.8, (wide) 1/1.52″, 0.7µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 18W
- Fast wireless charging 10W
BLU G91 Max Price and Availability
The BLU G91 Max is priced at $229 in the U.S. It will be available for purchase through Amazon.com soon.
The device is compatible with well-known U.S carriers such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Metro PCS, and more. It comes in Spectrum Gray and Sky Blue colors.