Around the same time last year, the BLU G90 Pro was launched in the US as a budget gaming smartphone. The brand is now back with its successor called BLU G91 Pro. The new model brings a different design but with downgraded specs.
The BLU G90 Pro comes with a similar design like that of Redmi Note 8 Pro. Whereas, the BLU G91 Pro resembles the OPPO Reno series. The new device comes in two colors, namely Moonstone and Graphite. It measures 162.9 x 77 x 10.1mm in dimensions and weighs 215g.
On the front, it flaunts a 6.7-inch LCD panel with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels (FHD+), 395 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio, and a centered punch-hole. For comparison, its predecessor had a smaller 6.5-inch display with a dewdrop notch.
Further, the BLU G91 Pro is powered by a MediaTek Helio G90 SoC as opposed to an Helio G90T inside its predecessor. However, the new phone comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage instead of 4GB RAM like its forerunner.
There’s still a quad-camera setup but the ultra-wide-angle sensor has been lowered from 8MP to 5MP. The remaining sensors include a 48MP primary shooter, 2MP macro snapper, and 2MP depth sensor. Also, the selfie camera is 16MP, down from 32MP.
On the connectivity front, the handset supports dual-SIM, 4G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Other features include a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, MicroSD card slot, and Android 11 operating system.
Last but not least, the smartphone is backed by a 5,000mAh battery with support for 30W wired charging and 10W wireless charging.
BLU G91 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17, 28
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, August 26
- Status: Available. Released 2021, August 26
- Dimensions: 165.2 x 76.9 x 8.9 mm (6.50 x 3.03 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 201 g (7.09 oz)
- Colors: Graphite, Moonstone
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~85.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6785 Helio G90 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide) 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 30W
- Fast wireless charging 10W
BLU G91 Pro Price and Availability
The BLU G91 Pro is priced at $249.99 in the US. It is already up for sale exclusively on Amazon. For a limited time, the brand is offering a whopping $100 discount. Hence, customers can purchase the handset for only $149.99.
Additionally, the few hundred buyers are also eligible for a free pair of ARIA POD+ truly wireless earphones.