Oppo has silently unveiled a new smartphone called Oppo A16s in Netherland. The device which comes with NFC support is a successor to the original Oppo A16. It offers triple rear cameras, a 5,000mAh battery, and dual 4G LTE support.
The Oppo A16s has the same specs as the original A16 smartphone, but, adds NFC support. The phone has a 6.52-inch dew-drop notch display with an HD+(720 X 1600 pixels) resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio. It is an IPS LCD panel with a 60Hz refresh rate.
It has an 8-megapixel single camera at the front for selfie shots and features a triple camera system at the rear. The vertically placed rear module holds a 13-megapixel primary sensor with f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP macro lens, and lastly a 2MP depth unit. The rear camera can shoot up to 1080 videos at 30fps.
Under the hood, it is powered by the MediaTek Helio G35 chipset with PowerVR GPU. It is coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage. It also has a dedicated microSD card slot for additional storage up to 256GB.
The 4G smartphone has dual-SIM support and packs a 5,000mAh battery. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and runs on ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11 out of the box.
Oppo A16s Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2021, August 13
- Status: Available. Released 2021, July 17
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75.6 x 8.4 mm (6.45 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Colors: Pearl Blue, Space Silver, Crystal Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 480 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.52 inches, 102.6 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G35 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.12Âµm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
Oppo A16s Price and Availability
The Oppo A16s costs 149 Euros(~$175) for the sole 4GB RAM and 64GB storage variant. It comes in Crystal Black and Pearl Blue color variants. The smartphone can be purchased from Oppo’s official website.