OPPO has finally launched the OPPO A16 in Indonesia. It comes with an entry-level MediaTek chipset, a triple camera setup, and a large battery.
The OPPO A16 is built around a 6.52-inch LCD panel with a resolution of 720Ã—1600 pixels (HD+), 269 PPI, and 60Hz refresh rate, and 60Hz touch sampling rate. The screen has a 71% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio (typical), 480 nits brightness (typical), 88.7% screen-to-body ratio, and a dewdrop notch.
Under the hood, the device is powered by a MediaTek Helio G35 SoC coupled with 3GB LPDDR4x RAM and 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage. Thereâ€™s also a 5,000mAh battery with support for standard 10W charging. As for software, the handset runs ColorOS 11.1 based on Android 11.
As per optics, the rear panel of the smartphone flaunts a triple camera setup consisting of a 13MP primary sensor, a 2MP monochrome sensor, and a 2MP macro snapper. Whereas, for selfies and video calls, the device uses an 8MP shooter.
On the connectivity front, the phone supports dual-SIM, 4G, dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GNSS (GPS, A-GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS), USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Other features include a MicroSD card slot and sensors like an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, proximity sensor, and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
OPPO A16 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE
- Announced: 2021, July 17
- Status: Available. Released 2021, July 17
- Dimensions: 163.8 x 75.6 x 8.4 mm (6.45 x 2.98 x 0.33 in)
- Weight: 190 g (6.70 oz)
- Colors: Pearl Blue, Space Silver, Crystal Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 480 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.52 inches, 102.6 cm2 (~82.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1600 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G35 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 13 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.06″, 1.12Âµm, PDAF
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
OPPO A16 Price and Availability
The OPPO A16 is priced at IDR 1,999,000 ($138) in Indonesia. The device comes in three colors, namely Pearl Blue, Space Silver, and Crystal Black. Thereâ€™s no official word from the company regarding the handsetâ€™s availability in other markets. However, thereâ€™s a chance that it could launch as OPPO A37 (2021) in some regions.