After months of leaks, HMD Global has finally launched the Nokia 5.4 mid-range phone in Europe. The phone is the successor of the Nokia 5.3 that was announced in March this year. While the handset features a round-shaped camera module like its predecessor, it has a refreshing punch-hole display design on the front. Some of the major highlights of the Nokia 5.4 handset include a tall aspect ratio screen, a Snapdragon 6-series chipset, 48-megaipxel quad cameras, and a large-sized battery.
The Nokia 5.4 sports a 6.39-inch IPS LCD display that produces an HD+ resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. The phone boots to Android One edition of the Android 10 OS and it comes with a dedicated physical key to access the Google Assistant. A fingerprint reader is placed on the backside of the smartphone.
Sitting on the front side of the phone is a 16-megapixel selfie snapper. The round-shaped camera module on the backside of the phone has a 48-megapixel primary shooter, a 5-megapixel superwide lens, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth helper. For an enhanced experience, while video shooting, the Nokia 5.4 comes with built-in OZO audio with wind noise cancellation.
The Snapdragon 662 SoC fuels the Nokia 5.4 with up to 6 GB of RAM. The phone offers users up to 128 GB of native storage. HMD Global has offered 10W charging support for the 4,000mAh battery of the smartphone.
Nokia 5.4 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands:
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 – International
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – NA, LATAM
- 4G bands:
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41 – International
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 28, 66 – NA, LATAM
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, December 15
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 161 x 76 x 8.7 mm (6.34 x 2.99 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 181 g (6.38 oz)
- Colors: Polar Night, Dusk
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 400 nits (typ)
- Size: 6.39 inches, 100.2 cm2 (~81.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~269 ppi density)
- Android 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6115 Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- RAM: 4GB, 6GB
- Internal Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), PDAF
- 5 MP, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, (macro)
- 2 MP, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.2, A2DP, aptX Adaptive
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Models: TA-1333, TA-1340
Nokia 5.4 Price and Availability
The Nokia 5.4 has entered the European markets in options like 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage, 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage, and 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage. The base model carries a price tag of 189 euros (~$229) and it has arrived in color options such as Polar Night and Dusk.
The smartphone will be heading to other markets like North and South America, the Middle East, Africa, and India.
The Nokia 5.4 buyers can purchase accessories like a Nokia Clear Case, and a Grip and Stand Case.