Samsung has today added new phones to its A-series with the introduction of the Galaxy A12 and Galaxy A02s. Both smartphones officially markÂ the first members of its Galaxy A (2021) lineup.
Samsung Galaxy A12
Starting with the Samsung Galaxy A12. The new phone succeeds the Galaxy A11 which was introduced back in March and brings upgrades to the camera and battery departments.
The Galaxy A11 packed a 4,000 mAh battery, whereas the Galaxy A12 ships with a 5,000 mAh cell, both charging at 15W.
The A11 boasts a triple camera setup on the back comprising a 13MP primary, 5MP ultrawide, and 2MP depth sensor units. The A12, on the other hand, retains the ultrawide and depth sensors, swaps the 13MP camera with a 48MP module, and gets a 2MP macro unit. These are arranged in a square formation.
The Galaxy A12 packs a slightly larger 6.5-inch HD+ Infinity-V display that has a notch for the 8MP selfie camera, which remains unchanged from the A11.
The Galaxy A12 is powered by an octa-core processor consisting of CPU cores clocked at 2.3GHz and 1.8GHz.
Samsung also doesn’t reveal what version of Android the Galaxy A12 boots to. The smartphone comes with 3GB, 4GB, or 6GB RAM on board and has three storage options – 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB. You also get a microSD card slot for storage expansion by up to 1TB.
The Galaxy A12 features a side-mounted fingerprint reader, comes with the Samsung Knox security platform.
Samsung Galaxy A12 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, November 24
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm (6.46 x 2.98 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 205 g (7.23 oz)
- Build: Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame
- Colors: Black, White, Blue, Red
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: TFT
- Size: 6.5 inches, 103.7 cm2 (~83.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1560 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~264 ppi density)
- Android 10
- CPU: Octa-core (2.3 GHz, 1.8 GHz)
- RAM: 3GB, 4GB, 6GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/2.0, (wide), AF
- 5 MP, f/2.2, 115Ëš (ultrawide)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.2
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted); unspecified sensors
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Price and Availability
The Galaxy A12 will be available from January 2021 and is offered in Black, Blue, White and Red colors. The 64GB variant is priced at â‚¬179, and for â‚¬20 more, you can get double storage.