Samsung announced the Galaxy Tab S6 last July and now the Korean tech giant has followed it up with a toned down version, dubbed Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is built around a 10.4-inch 2000×1200-pixel LCD, which is 0.1-inch smaller than the regular Tab S6’s Super AMOLED panel of 2560×1600 pixel resolution.
The Lite version also missed the in-display fingerprint scanner present on the vanilla Tab S6.
Under the hood, the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite has an octa-core processor with a maximum clock frequency of 2.3GHz. Samsung doesn’t mention the chipset, but it’s likely the Exynos 9611 SoC.
The Galaxy Tab S6 Lite has 4GB RAM onboard and comes in two storage options – 64GB and 128GB. The regular Tab S6, on the other hand, came with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage on the base variant, with the top-end model having 8GB RAM and 256GB storage onboard. On the upside, the Tab S6 Lite has a microSD card slot, allowing storage expansion by up to 1TB.
On the software side of things, the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite runs Android 10 with One UI 2.0 out of the box and has Dark Mode and Samsung Knox in tow. It also lets you answer calls and reply to text messages, provided you are connected to a Samsung smartphone running Android Pie or higher, with at least 3GB RAM.
The Samsung Tab S6 Lite sports an 8MP primary camera at the back and a 5MP selfie shooter on the front.
More excitingly, the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite comes with an S-Pen stylus and Samsung will also sell a Book Cover separately which clings magnetically to the slate and has a slot for the S-Pen, making it easier for you to carry it around.
Fuelling the entire package is a 7,040 mAh battery which draws power through a USB-C port.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 66(1700/2100)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, April 2
- Availability: 2020, April
- Dimensions: 244.5 x 154.3 x 7 mm (9.63 x 6.07 x 0.28 in)
- Weight: 467 g (1.03 lb
- Build: Glass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame
- Colors: Chiffon Pink, Angora Blue, Oxford Gray
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Stylus support
- Type: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 10.4 inches, 307.9 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1200 x 2000 pixels, 5:3 ratio (~224 ppi density)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Chipset: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Single – 8 MP, (wide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: Yes
- Selfie Camera: Single – 5 MP
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Tuned by AKG
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, gyro
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 7040 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Price and Availability
If Amazon’s timeline is correct, Samsung should officially unveil the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite on Thursday this week at the latest. This LTE version of the tablet is priced at €430 while the Wi-Fi only version goes for €399.