Samsung has just announced its flagship tablet for the year of 2019 – Galaxy Tab S6. The device is a big upgrade over its predecessor, however, these upgrades aren’t necessarily hardware-related.
The Galaxy Tab S6 is powered by the powerful Snapdragon 855 paired with either 6GB/128GB or 8GB/256GB of memory. In addition to that, microSD card support is included if that isn’t enough for you.
This hardware is placed beneath a 10.5-inch Super AMOLED panel with 2560 x 1600px resolution. That resolution results in a 16:10 aspect ratio. The display comes with an under-glass fingerprint hidden beneath. The handset will offer decent multimedia capabilities due to its Quad speakers tuned by AKG and Dolby Atmos.
Remarkable, the Tablet boasts a dual-camera setup on the rear. That’s a surprise since users don’t usually expect to see good cameras in devices of this kind. The main one is 13MP while the secondary unit has an ultra-wide 123-degree field of view. On the front, there is an 8MP snapper which is more than adequate for selfies and video calls. Samsung states that this is the first tablet to ship with an ultra-wide-angle camera.
The handset comes with 7,040mAh to fuel these powerful specifications. It includes an S-Pen which holds a small 0.35mAh charge. Even though, the stylus offers approximately 10 hours of operation. It works as a remote control for your multimedia player or when taking photos. Since the Galaxy Tab S6 doesn’t have a slot, the S Pen supports wireless charging — either on a stand or via PowerShare reverse wireless charging.
The Tab S6 does come with Samsung’s DeX support which when combined with Book Cover Keyboard can turn the Tab into a PC for better productivity and multi-tasking. Talking again about the UD fingerprint scanner, the Galaxy Tab S6 is one of the safest tablets now, being one of the first, if not the first, to adopt such kind of authentication feature.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Specifications
- Wi-Fi Version: SM-T860
- LTE Version: SM-T865
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE (unspecified)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (6CA) Cat20 2048/150 Mbps
- Announced: July, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. 2019, August
- Dimensions: 244.5 x 159.5 x 5.7 mm (9.63 x 6.28 x 0.22 in)
- Weight: 420 g (14.82 oz)
- Build: Front glass, aluminum body
- Colours: Mountain Gray, Cloud Blue, Rose Blush
- SIM: Nano-SIM
- Stylus support (Bluetooth integration; magnetic)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 10.5 inches, 321.9 cm2 (~82.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~287 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.41 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Storage: 256 GB, 8 GB RAM or 128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 1 TB (dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Dual (13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, AF + 5 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.12µm)
- Features: HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers)
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Speakers tuned by AKG
- Dolby Atmos sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector; magnetic connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Samsung DeX
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 7040 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Price and Market Availability
The device is available and starts at $649 for the 6GB RAM and 128GB storage version while the 8/256GB variant will go for $729.
Galaxy Tab S6 Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 are 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.