Have you ever wanted to use Facebook Messenger on your Mac or PC without going through your browser almost every time? Well, the official Facebook Messenger desktop app for macOS or Windows is now available and you can now chat with friends without having to launching your browser.
FacebookÂ Messenger for Mac and Windows is now available on the Mac App Store and Microsoft Store worldwide. As early as April last year, there were rumors about this app, and here it is finally available.
The app supports dark mode on both platforms and brings access to free texting, and high-quality voice & video chat built specifically for desktop. It also supports multitask while video chatting so you never miss a moment. In addition, it supports desktop notifications.
You can send photos and videos to keep in touch with friends and family, and with desktop versions, you can even type faster and get the most benefits from the platform.
According to the company, the app is;
â€œMade for big screens and close connections. You can get access to free texting, and high-quality voice & video chat built specifically for desktopâ€.
Features Of Messenger App For Desktop
- Group video calls on a larger screen.Â Stay in touch with family and friends, join a workout, or host a virtual happy hour.
- Easy to connect.Â You donâ€™t need to know someoneâ€™s email or phone number since all your Facebook friends have Messenger.
- Multitasking.Â Your chats are easily accessible, and you can pop in and out of the app while doing other things on your computer.
- Notifications.Â You can receive notifications for new messages, so you can quickly find the chat youâ€™re looking for. But youâ€™re in control â€” you can choose to mute and snooze notifications.
- Chats sync across mobile and desktop.Â Youâ€™ll never miss a call or message no matter what device youâ€™re using.Â
- Everything you love about Messenger on a bigger screen.Â Including Dark Mode and GIFs.
It is worth mentioning that recently, Facebook has removed its official social network app from Microsoft app store. For the moment, we do not know if another version is in development!