The Samsung Galaxy M21 has finally gone official today in India. The replaces the last year’s Galaxy M20 smartphone. The newly announced Galaxy M21 comes with some exciting features like 48-megapixel triple rear cameras, a front-facing camera of 20-megapixel and a massive battery of 6,000mAh battery.
The Exynos 9611 chipset which fuels the Galaxy M30s from 2019 powers the Galaxy M21 along with up to 6 GB of LPDDR4x RAM. The maximum internal storage available on the Galaxy M21 is 128 GB. There is a dedicated microSD card slot for expanding its storage.
The One UI 2.0 based Android 10 OS comes preinstalled on the Galaxy M21. The smartphone is fitted with a 6.4-inch Infinity-U Super AMOLED screen that delivers 19.5:9 aspect ratio and full HD+ resolution. The Widevine L1 certification will allow M21 users to enjoy streaming content. The phone draws power from a 5,000mAh battery. The retail package of the device includes a 15W fast charger.
When it comes to photography, the Galaxy M21 offers users with a triple camera setup on the rear and a frontal shooter of 20-megapixel. The rear camera module has a 48-megapixel main lens, a 123-degree 8-megapixel superwide lens and a 5-megapixel depth assist lens.
For security, the Galaxy M21 is equipped with a rear-facing fingerprint sensor and face unlock.
Samsung Galaxy M21 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, March 18
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, March 23
- Dimensions: 159 x 75.1 x 8.9 mm (6.26 x 2.96 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 188 g (6.63 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), plastic back, plastic frame
- Colours: Midnight Blue, Raven Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 100.5 cm2 (~84.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 420 nits max brightness (advertised)
- Android 10.0; One UI 2
- Chibpset: Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Storage: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.2, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide)
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM radio, RDS, recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 15W
Samsung Galaxy M21 Price and Availability
The Galaxy M21 landed in India in two versions such as 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage and 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage. The pricing of the base model is Rs. 12,999 (~$175). The phone expected to rival Redmi and Realme phones that costs around $175.
The company is yet to reveal the price tag of the higher version. Amazon India will be carrying out the first sale of the phone on March 23. The phone will be also available on Samsung’s online store. The sales of the phone will be also carried out at offline stores in India later..