Back in December, Oppo announced the Reno 3 5G and Reno 3 Pro 5G in China back and followed it up last month with a global version of the Pro. The company has now launched an international vanilla Reno 3, which is again different from the Chinese 5G model.
The Oppo Reno 3 features a 6.4-inch display of 1080 x 2400px resolution (20:9 aspect ratio) with a waterdrop notch on the top. The handset employs a Helio P90 chipset aided by 8GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable internal storage.
The camera setup consists of a 48MP main camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP 2x telephoto unit with f/2.4 aperture and an 8MP F/2.2 ultrawide cam. There’s also a 2MP monochrome depth sensor.
At the front the notch houses the same 44MP sensor as the global Reno 3 Pro.
Inside the Oppo Reno3 is a 4,025 mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 Flash charge.
As is to be expected the handset comes with ColorOS 7 based on Android 10 out of the box.
Oppo Reno 3 (Global Version) Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, March 17
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, March
- Dimensions: 160.2 x 73.3 x 7.9 mm (6.31 x 2.89 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 170 g (6.00 oz)
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Midnight Black, Aurora Blue
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 98.9 cm2 (~84.2% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi density)
- Android 10.0; ColorOS 7
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6779 Helio P90 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: PowerVR GM9446
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.4″, 1.0µm, 2x optical zoom, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP B/W, f/2.4, 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 44 MP, f/2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4025 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 50% in 30 min, 100% in 73 min (advertised)
- VOOC 3.0
Oppo Reno 3 (International Version) Price and Availability
For now, there’s no information about pricing and availability at this point – the Oppo Reno 3 has only been listed on the company’s Sri Lanka website. We should be hearing more about it in the coming days though.