Samsung’s M series has finally been launched in India. Today Samsung unveiled the Galaxy M10 and the Galaxy M20 as first members of its new mid-range lineup.
The two phones share large Infinity-V screens, dual cameras on the back with a 13 MP regular and 5 MP ultra-wide angle modules, dual-SIM, Face unlock and aggressive prices.
The Galaxy M20 is the more interesting of the two. It has a 6.3-inch 2340 x 1080 pixel IPS LCD with a waterdrop notch for the 8MP f/2.0 selfie camera that doubles as a Face Unlock scanner. There’s also a fingerprint scanner on the rear alongside the primary 13MP f/1.9 camera and the 5MP f/2.2 ultra-wide angle snapper.
The Galaxy M20 is powered by an Exynos 7904 (14nm, 4x Cortex-A73 @ 1.8GHz and 4x Cortex-A53 @ 1.8GHz) with 3GB or 4GB of RAM.
One of the marquee features of the Galaxy M20 is the large 5,000mAh battery with 15W wired charging support (charger included in the box).
Finally the Galaxy M20 has a 3.5mm headphone jack, has a hybrid dual SIM slot so you either get a second line or memory expansion through a microSD card. The phone has 64GB of storage and is running Android 8.1 Oreo with Samsung Experience 9.5 out of the box.
Samsung Galaxy M20 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed : HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat12 600/50 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: January, 2019
- Available: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, February 5
- Dimensions: 156.4 x 74.5 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 186 g
- Colours: Ocean Blue, Charcoal Black
SIM Type & Count
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.3 inches, 97.4 cm2 (~83.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)
Operating System / Skin
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) / Experience 9.5
- Chipset: Exynos 7904 Octa (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- RAM: 3 GB, 4 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB, 64 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
- Dual: 13 MP, f/1.9, 1/2.8″, 1.12μm, PDAF + 5 MP, f/2.2, 1/6″, 1.12μm, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera
- Single: 8 MP, f/2.0
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes, RDS, recording
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Battery & Power
- Charging: Fast Charging
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy M20 Price
The Galaxy M20 is priced at INR 11,000 (€135) for the 3GB model and INR 13,000 (€160) for the 4GB one
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.