The vivo S1 Pro that was launched in the Philippines last month has now been released in the Chinese market. However, since the S1 Pro moniker is already occupied in that market, it has a new name – vivo Y9s. It comes with an unusual rhombus-shaped camera setup on the back, but the LED flash is outside the shape, allowing you to differentiate it from the vivo S5 that some known as the vivo V17.
The vivo Y9s comes with a 6.38-inch OLED panel with a waterdrop notch for the 32 MP selfie camera. The chipset is Snapdragon 665 and is coupled by 8 GB RAM and 128 gigs of storage.
There is a 48MP main camera on the back, joined by an 8 MP ultrawide angle shooter. There are also a macro lens and a depth sensor to bring the total amount of cameras to four.
Though, the vivo Y9s lacks a dedicated button for the voice assistant Jovi, the service is still available on it. However, the heavily modified user interface keeps the name Funtouch OS, instead of Jovi OS. The phone also has a 3.5 mm audio jack, USB-C port on the bottom, and a huge 4,500 mAh battery.
Vivo Y9s Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- CDMA BC0
- 3G: WCDMA B1/5/8
- CDMA2000 BC0
- TD-SCDMA B34/39
- 4G: TDD-LTE B34/38/39/40/41, FDD-LTE B1/3/5/8
- CPU: Snapdragon 665 AIE 2.0GHz Octa Core
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Display: 6.38 inch FHD + 2340 Ã— 1080 19.5: 9, Super AMOLED
- RAM: 8GB
- In-built Storage: 128GB
- Main camera: Quad Camera48 MP (Sony IMX582 f1.8) + 8 MP (super wide-angle f2.2) + 2 MP (depth f2.4) + 2 MP (macro f2.4)
- Front camera: 32 MP, f2.0
- OS: Android 9 Pie (Funtouch OS 9)
- Dimension: 159.25 Ã— 75.19 Ã— 8.68 mm
- Weight: 186.7g
- Battery: 4500mAh (quick charge 18W)
- Bluetooth: V5.0
- WLAN: 802.11 the 2.4-GHz / the 5-GHz
- Waterproof and dustproof: No
- USB: USB type-C
- Earphone Jack: Yes
- Authentication method: Fingerprint sensor (In-Display), Face-ID
- Colour: Fancy Sky, Knight Black, Nebula Blue
- Others: Dual sim (nanoSIM), OTG
Vivo Y9s Price and Availability
The price is CNY1,998 (approx. $2985/â‚¬255). That is somewhat cheaper than the versions at the Philippines market.