Vivo has unveiled the S1 Pro in the Philippines, which is a bit ahead of schedule. This is a move that is certainly going to cause much confusion, the phone has little in common with the first vivo S1 Pro. So, forget pop-up selfie cam, instead we’re looking at something closer (but not identical) to the vivo S5, at least on the outside.
This new vivo S1 Pro will have a 6.38-inch Super AMOLED display with 1080p+ resolution and a teardrop notch. It houses a 32MP selfie camera, there’s also an in-display fingerprint reader on the front.
At the back, the 48MP main camera (1/2” GM1 sensor, f/1.8 aperture) is joined by an 8MP ultrawide angle shooter (108°). A dedicated 2MP macro camera (4cm focus distance) and a 2MP depth sensor bring the total camera count to four. The quartet will be placed on a diamond-shaped camera island, just like on the S5.
This model will be powered by a Snapdragon 665 chipset, weaker than both the original S1 Pro (Snapdragon 675) and the S5 (Snapdragon 712). The phone will be configured with 8GB of RAM and 128GB storage and will run Funtouch OS 9.2 out of the box (based on Android 9 Pie).
On the plus side, it will have a larger battery than both – 4,500mAh capacity. The USB-C port supports fast charging at 18W (9V and 2A). There’s also a 3.5mm headphone jack on top.
vivo S1 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2019, November
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, November
- Dimensions: 159.3 x 75.2 x 8.7 mm (6.27 x 2.96 x 0.34 in)
- Weight: 186.7 g (6.60 oz)
- Colours: Knight Black, Fancy Sky
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.38 inches, 99.9 cm2 (~83.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~404 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9.2
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera)
- 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
vivo S1 Pro Price and Availability
The vivo S1 Pro will be available for pre-order in the Philippines soon, for a price tag PHP 16,000 (that’s around $315).
No information yet on when and what other markets will receive the new S1 Pro, but chances are that they won’t overlap with the other S1 Pro.