Chinese phone maker vivo has unveiled its latest smartphone S1. It’s a midranger with design similar to the V15 that was launched earlier this month. The vivo S1 comes packed with almost identical hardware too. The S1 is built around a 6.53-inch Full-HD+ notchless display that has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a Helio P70 SoC mated to 6GB RAM.
It runs Android Pie-based Funtouch OS 9 out-of-the-box and has 128GB of storage in tow with the option to expand it further via a microSD card.
The S1 features a 24.8MP pop-up selfie camera and boasts a triple camera setup at the back consisting of 12MP, 8MP (wide-angle), and 5MP (depth sensor) modules.
vivo S1 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat7 300/50 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: March, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, April 1
- Dimensions: 162 x 76 x 8.5 mm
- Weight: g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Blue, Pink
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.53 inches, 104.7 cm2 (~85.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio P70 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Main Camera: Triple – 12 MP, PDAF + 8 MP, (wide) + 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 25 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio:
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3940 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
vivo S1 Price and Availability
The vivo S1 is priced at CNY2,298 ($342/€304) and will go on sale in China from April 1.
vivo S1 Review Rating
Not yet reviewed.
TellForce Blog Buyer’s Guide Verdict
A buyer’s guide verdict is not available yet for the vivo S1. Please check back.
Disclaimer: While we take the pains to ensure accuracy, we can not guarantee that the specs and information on this page about the vivo S1 is 100% correct. If you think that any information for the current phone is wrong or missing, please contact us.
Our Buyer’s Guide Verdict is recommendation that we make based on our evaluation the specs of the device. It is a general guide designed to help you understand how much value a smartphone offers for its price. It is not a stamp of quality assessment or an endorsement of the device or of the manufacturers. Be sure to ask questions and use your judgement when buying any device, as TellForce Blog may not be held responsible for your buying decisions.