The vivo X27 is now official and it is (generally) an improved version of the V15 Pro. Allow TellForce Blog to guide you through the differences.
Both have 6.39-inch Super AMOLED screens with 1080p+ resolution, built-in fingerprint scanner and no notches or holes. There’s a triple camera on the rear with a 48MP Quad Bayer sensor in the main module. It defaults to 12MP mode, as is the intended use case of Quad Bayer cameras. No changes here.
Next is the 120° ultra-wide angle camera – it’s a 13MP shooter. This gives the X27 a resolution advantage over its sibling, which has an 8MP 120° camera. Both also have 5MP depth sensors. The camera offers a night mode that can stack 12-16 photos to reduce noise and produce a clear image in the dark.
The selfie camera is the one example of a downgrade – it has a 16MP sensor, down from 32MP. Both are motorized pop-up cameras, but the one on the X27 is slower as it needs 0.68 seconds to extend compared to 0.46s on the V15 Pro.
The vivo X27 is powered by a Snapdragon 710 chipset with 8GB of RAM and 256GB storage. That’s twice as much storage as the V15 Pro (a clear upgrade), but the chipset is a mixed bag. The V-phone has a Snapdragon 675, which has a faster CPU but a slower GPU.
The X27 does have a vapor chamber to keep its chipset cool, so that may make a difference in performance. Either way, Android 9.0 Pie turned into Funtouch OS 9 is what you get out of the box.
The battery in the new model is slightly larger – 4,000mAh vs. 3,700mAh. In both cases you’re looking at 18W fast charging.
vivo X27 Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat12 600/50 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: March, 2019
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2019, March 23
- Dimensions: 157.7 x 74.3 x 9 mm
- Weight: 188 g
- Colours: Blue, Gold
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.39 inches, 101.7 cm2 (~86.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~400 ppi density)
- Android 9.0 (Pie); Funtouch 9
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 256 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 256 GB
- Main Camera: Triple – 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 13 MP, 13mm (ultrawide) + 5 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – Motorized pop-up 16 MP
- Features: HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, EDR, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market dependent)
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
vivo X27 Price and Market Availability
The vivo X27 is available now for CNY 3,600 ($535/€470). That’s pretty a premium over the V15 Pro, which is $345/€305 (note that these two likely won’t be available in the same regions).
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.