How to block unwanted ads on Android with DNS66
devices in the current world today but almost every of its users laments the existence
of non-stop ads. Those non-stop ads could be infuriating to users especially
when playing a mobile. Some users goes as far as rooting their smartphones in
order to put an end to those disturbing ads.
another way of stopping this menace as we may call it but we should remember those
ads are well paid for. But they are really frustrating.
these ads called DNS66. All you need is to install this app.
means that it only screens traffic for a short period at the initial stage of
connection. Therefore it saves user’s battery power while blocking the ads.
DNS66 works without proxy. All it does is to create a VPN interface, then send
DNS server traffic to it. The VPN interface filters the traffic, only permitting
queries for hosts that are not blacklisted.
- Firstly, go to F-Droid Repository to download and install
the DNS66 app. This download center is a trusted site for open-source Android
- After downloading and installing the app, you will be offered
with a guide on how to set it up. It Is advisable to check it by reading
- Then to start the process of blocking ads.
- Go to Domain Filters at the bottom of the screen.
- Pick at least one ad-blocking hosts file. This file contains
a list of known ad servers that DNS66 will block.
- After enabling the ad-blocking hosts file, the indicator
beside it turns green.
- Next, go to the Start/Stop tab from the bottom menu and tap
on the Refresh icon near the top of the screen.
- You will be alerted of a download in progress, which is the
- After downloading, then long-press the power icon in the
center of the screen to allow the VPN ad-blocking service.
- Then press OK in the popup that comes next. A small key icon
will show in your status bar when DNS66 is active