The Federal government of Nigeria has order the re-opening of the online job portal own by the Nigerian government, N-Power by June 13, 2017.
The Acting President Yemi Osinbajo who was represented by the Minister of State, Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed issued this statement in Abuja.
She said the federal government’s view is to increase the capacity of the National Social Investment Programme (N-SIP) organised by it to allow more space for more beneficiaries.
Mrs Zainab Ahmed
The FG says it would scale up its capacity across the four component of the programme- N-Power, National Home Grown School Feeding Programme, Government Empowerment and Enterprise Programme and Conditional Cash Transfer.
Nigeria Communication Week reported that Ahmed stated that “For example, in N-Power Scheme that 200,000 beneficiaries have been employed, we are supposed to increase it to 500,000 beneficiaries in 2017.
“There is opportunity in the N-Power Programme for employment. There is opportunity in the GEEP for you to get finances to be able to start businesses. Please this is real, it is working, join the process and be a beneficiary.
“The deployment, release of funds didn’t start till October 2016 and it is so because we want to make sure that the programme is planned properly. We want to make sure that each beneficiary has bank account linked to BVN; we are targeting the right people, not just people nominated by big people.
“That took a lot of time but we thank God that the programme is going on well and it is now easier to upscale it .”
Obviously, the site would wish it never existed by June 13 due to the kind of traffic it going to get. The reason is that most Nigeria did not apply then because of they felt it could be one of the of job or empowerment programme established by the past administrations which had been unsuccessful.
Recall that during first phase, N-Power portal experienced several downtimes due to the traffic then.