Xiaomi sub-brand Redmi has just uunveiled a new addition in the Note 12 lineup. The latest offering is called the Redmi Note 12 Turbo. It packs some premium specifications and is the first smartphone to be powered by the recently announced Snapdragon processor. Read on to know what the device offers out of the box.
The Redmi Note 12 Turbo sports a 6.67-inch display with a 12-bit flexible OLED panel. It offers an FHD+ resolution, 1,000 nits peak brightness, 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut, 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ support.
The device has a center-aligned punch-hole cutout, slimmer bezels, and offers 93.45 percent screen-to-body ratio. The smartphone is equipped with nine internal and external protection of fuselage making it more stronger and durable.
The back panel of the Redmi Note 12 Turbo has three camera sensors placed without any module. The setup comprises a 64MP main lens with OIS support, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP macro unit. There is a 16MP front-facing selfie snapper.
Under the hood, the Redmi Note 12 Turbo is equipped with a Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 processor. It packs up to 16GB LPDDR5x RAM and 1TB UFS 3.1 storage. There is a 3725mm vapor cooling chamber for heat dissipation.
The smartphone draws its power from a 5,000mAh battery unit with support for 67W fast charging. The device runs on MIUI 14-based Android 13 out of the box.
Connectivity options on the Redmi Note 12 Turbo include dual 5G, WiFi-6, NFC, Bluetooth, NFC, IR Blaster, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Redmi Note 12 Turbo Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 19, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 8, 28, 38, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A (CA), 5G
- Announced: 2023, March 28
- Status: Available. Released 2023, March 28
- Dimensions: 161.1 x 75 x 7.9 mm (6.34 x 2.95 x 0.31 in)
- Weight: 181 g (6.38 oz)
- Colors: Black, Blue, White, Harry Potter Edition
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: OLED, 68B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 1000 nits (HBM)
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~88.9% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Android 13, MIUI 14
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7475-AB Snapdragon 7+ Gen 2 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.91 GHz Cortex-A710 & 3×2.49 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 725
- Memory Card slot: No
- Internal: 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM, 1TB 16GB RAM
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, (wide), 1/2″, 0.7µm, PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 120˚ (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, (wide)
- Video: 1080p@30/60fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band
- Bluetooth: 5.3, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS (L1), GLONASS (G1), BDS (B1I+B1c), GALILEO (E1), QZSS (L1)
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 67W wired, PD3, QC4
Redmi Note 12 Turbo Price and Availability
The Redmi Note 12 Turbo starts at;
- 8GB + 256GB variant cost RMB 1,999 (~$290)
- 12GB + 256GB model costs RMB 2,099 (~$305)
- 12GB + 512GB model cost RMB 2,299 (~$334)
- 16GB + 1TB model cost RMB 2,599 (~$377).
The smartphone is offered in Carbon Black, Xinghai Blue, and Ice Feather White colours.