The Motorola G51 sports a 6.8 inch IPS LCD HD+ display that offers 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate for a smoother user experience. Under the hood, a 5,000mAh battery pack powers the device with its Snapdragon 480+ SoC.
For memory, the device offers 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage (UFS 2.2), which can be further expanded via a microSD card slot, while its RAM can also be virtually expanded by up to 3GB as well.
The device also comes with Dolby certification for its audio while its rear camera module features three image sensors. This includes a 50 megapixel primary camera, alongside an 8 megapixel and 2 megapixel sensor.
Notably, the smartphone supports both independent networking (SA) and the non independent networking standard (NSA) dual mode 5G and was launched in China with a partnership with China Mobile. For those unaware, China Mobile is a leading telecommunications based company in the country.
Other features include, Android 11, a fingerprint scanner on the rear, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth v5.2, GPS, a USB Type C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Moto G51 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1x
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G
- Announced: 2021, November 03
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2021, November
- Colors: Blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 120Hz
- Size: 6.8 inches, 109.8 cm2
- Resolution: 1080 x 2460 pixels (~395 ppi density)
- Android 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM4350-AC Snapdragon 480+ 5G (8 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 460 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 460)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: Unspecified
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, (wide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 13 MP
- Video: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Charging 10W
Motorola Moto G51 Pricing and Availability
The Moto G51 is priced at 1,499 Yuan (roughly 235 US Dollars) for its single 8GB + 128GB storage configuration. At present, it is only available for purchase in China and will be available in offline stores as well. Although, it is currently unknown if the company would be launching this model in the global market as well, so stay tuned for more updates.