Tecno entered the gaming smartphone world with launch of POVA last year. And now, the company has announced the Tecno POVA 2 as the direct successor to the 2020 model. The POVA 2 comes with a CPU that is slightly better, larger display and most importantly, bigger battery which is 7000mAh.
The Tecno POVA 2 is built around a 6.9-inches display with a center notch and 1080 x 2460 pixels resolution.
Under the hood, the phone is powered by the Mediatek Helio G85 Chip, paired with either 4/6GB RAM and either 64/128GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 512GB via SD-card.
As for the camera department, it has four camera sensors on the back; a 48-megapixel main sensor, 2-megapixel macro lens, 2-megapixel depth shooter, and a fourth dedicated AI lens. For selfies, there is a single 8-megapixel sensors kept in the punch cut-out. The phone has four LED light on the rear and one upfront.
The device offers support for dual 4G VoLTE enable SIMs, and fueled by the aforementioned 7000mAh battery with 18W fast charging. The device has a side mounted fingerprint scanner, and runs Google Android 11 based on HiOS 7.6 out of the box.
Tecno POVA 2 Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE Band 1, 3, 5, 8, 40, 41
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/11.5 Mbps, LTE-A (2CA) Cat6 300/75 Mbps
- Announced: 2021, May
- Status: Available. Released 2021, May
- Dimensions: 173.32 x 78.62 x 9.62 mm
- Weight: g
- Colors: Dazzle black, Polar Silver, Energy Blue colours
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD, 480 nits, 90Hz, 180Hz touch-sensing
- Size: 6.9-inches, 102.0 cm2 (~84.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2460 pixels, 20.5:9 ratio (~382 ppi density)
- Android 11; HiOS v7.6
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- Memory Card Slot: Yes, up to 256 GB via microSD card (uses dedicated slot)
- Main Camera: Quad
- Main: 48MP, f/2.0, PDAF
- Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4
- Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4,
- Depth: AI lens
- Features: Quad-LED flash, Panorama, HDR
- Video: 4K/1080p@30fps
- Selfie Camera: Single â€“ 8 MP, f/2.0
- Features: Single LED flash, AI faceID
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with dual stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- NFC: No
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 7000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 18W: 100% in 92 min
Tecno POVA 2 Price and Availability
The Tecno POVA 2 comes in Dazzle black, Polar Silver and Energy Blue colours.
Philippines: The Phone goes for a PHP 8,000 price tag ($167) in Philippines. It will go on pre-order on June 5, sales start on June 11. It will be available through several online retailers in the country: Shopee, Lazada, Memo Express and Kimstore. Note that each retailer offers its own pre-order perks.
By the way, Tecno will run a small promotion on Lazada and Shopee on June 6, knocking off up to PHP500 ($10) off the price of several of its other phones. The promo will end on June 8.
India: It is priced at Rs. 10,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 12999, but it will be available at an introductory price of Rs. 10499 and Rs. 12499, respectively for a limited period. It goes on sale on Amazon.in from August 5, midnight.