Realme has launched its first smartphone of 2021 in China today. Called the Realme V15 5G, it is a successor to the 5G-enabled Realme V5 released last year. It boasts major upgrades on the display, camera, and charging front. There’s also a newer MediaTek 5G chipset on board.
Starting off with the design, Realme V15 5G doesn’t look a whole lot different from its predecessor. The Koi fish-colored gradient that’s achieved via a double-plating process, coupled with the huge ‘Dare to Leap’ tagline on the rear does make it stand out. If you don’t like the flashy gradient or massive text though, there’s also the minimal black and blue variants available for the Realme V15. The smartphone is merely 8.1mm thick and weighs 176-grams, which is pretty great as compared to many current-gen phones that weigh over 200 grams.
Realme V15 is built around a 6.4-inch Full-HD+ Super AMOLED display with a 60Hz refresh rate and a 180Hz touch response rate. It’s an upgrade over the IPS LCD panel present aboard the Realme V5. But the lack of a higher refresh rate is disappointing. It also has a 16MP punch-hole selfie camera at the top left.
Realme V15 also comes equipped with a newer MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G chipset as opposed to the Dimensity 720 aboard its predecessor. It boasts dual-SIM 5G, dual-mode smart 5G support, up to 8GB of RAM, and up to 128GB of storage. The device runs the company’s latest Realme UI 2.0 skin based on Android 11.
The triple camera system on the rear is helmed by a 64MP primary sensor. This is an upgrade over the 48MP sensor aboard its predecessor. You will also find an 8MP ultra-wide camera with a 119-degree FOV, and a 2MP macro lens onboard the Realme V15. The cameras here support 4K video recording, 1080p videos @ 120fps, UIS Max stabilization, and a lot more.
Realme V15 comes equipped with a 4,310mAh battery pack with 50W SuperDart fast-charging support. It is an upgrade over the 30W charging speed offered by its predecessor. The company boasts that you can fully juice up the battery in under 35 minutes using this charging technology. However, you get a 65W fast-charger in the box.
Realme V15 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G bands: LTE
- 5G bands: SA/NSA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A
- Announced: 2021, January 07
- Status: Exp. release 2021, January
- Dimensions: 160.9 x 74.4 x 8.1 mm (6.33 x 2.93 x 0.32 in)
- Weight: 176 g or 179 g (6.21 oz)
- Colors: Silver, Blue, Yellow/Pink
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: AMOLED, 430 nits (typ), 600 nits (peak)
- Size: 6.4 inches, 98.9 cm2 (~82.6% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~411 ppi density)
- Android 10, Realme UI
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6873 Dimensity 800 5G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC4
- RAM: 6GB, 8GB
- Internal Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.73″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.3, 119˚, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.0µm
- Features: Panorama
- Video: [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS, QZSS
- NFC: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4310 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 50W
Realme V15 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Realme V15 5G in China is as follow;
- 6GB + 128GB variant costs CNY 1,399 (US$ 216)
- 8GB + 128GB variant costs CNY 1,999 (US $309)
The device will be available for pre-order starting January and will go on sale for the first time on January 14.