Though, it painted to look like a smartphone, the Tecno Spark 5 Air definitely blurs the lines with tablets with its 7-inch screen. The Air is pretty similar to the Tecno Spark 5 unveiled recently, which also has a pretty roomy screen with a 6.6-inch display. Unfortunately, the increase in screen size did not come with a bump in resolution and 720 x 1,640px is quite a stretch on 7-inch.
The two phones are fairly similar, both feature an 8MP selfie camera. This time it’s in a teardrop notch and the dual LED flash embedded in the top bezel puts some distance between the two LEDs, which should provide more even lighting.
The Tecno Spark 5 Air is powered by a quad-core CPU to go with the 2GB of RAM and 32GB storage, so computational resources are limited. Instead of the full Android 10, this runs Android 10 Go Edition (with the HiOS 6.0 skin on top).
Also, despite being a larger device, the Air keeps the battery capacity the same, 5,000mAh. Still no word on fast charging, but the battery promises 11 hours of web browsing or 14 hours of watching videos. A 3.5mm jack is available for those who prefer analog headphones.
Anyway, there is a 13MP camera on the back with an f/1.8 aperture. It has a quad-LED flash to help it take better photos in the dark. The bump is styled to look like a triple camera setup, but that’s not the case – the function of the second lens is not mentioned and the third thing is just an embellishment.
Despite its size, it also has a fingerprint scanner on the back, which may be a bit tricky to reach because of its size. You’re probably better off using the face unlock.
Tecno Spark 5 Air Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps
- Announced: 2020, May 05
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, May
- Dimensions: 174.6 x 79.3 x 9.1 mm (6.87 x 3.12 x 0.36 in)
- Weight: g
- Colors: Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Vacation Blue, Misty Green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 7.0 inches, 116.4 cm2 (~84.0% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 720 x 1640 pixels (~256 ppi density)
- Android 10; HIOS 6.0
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2GB
- Internal Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- eMMC 5.1
- Main Camera: Dual
- 13 MP, f/1.8, PDAF
- Features: Dual-LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Selfie Camera: Single – 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide)
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: Yes
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery
- Charging: Regular
Tecno Spark 5 Air Price and Availability
The phone is available in four colors: Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Vacation Blue, Misty Gray. It is expected to be released in Africa and Asian countries, however the price is yet to be announced.