Redmi has quietly introduced a new smartphone called Redmi K30i 5G in China. Its design and specifications are similar to that of the Redmi K30 5G phone that was launched back in December 2019. The only major difference between the two phones is that the Redmi K30 5i comes with a 48-megapixel primary lens on its back.
The Redmi K30i 5G features a TUV Rheinland certified 6.67-inch IPS LCD display that produces FHD+ resolution and 120Hz refresh rate. The HDR10 complaint screen is protected by Gorilla Glass 5 panel. The pill-shaped cutout on the screen features a 20-megapixel main lens and a 2-megapixel depth assist lens.
The Snapdragon 765G SoC is present under the hood of the Redmi K30i 5G. The SoC is coupled with 6 GB of LPDDR4X RAM and it has a UFS 2.1 storage of 128 GB. There is a 4,500mAh battery inside the device. It comes with support for 30W fast charging.
Now, talking about the feature that sets the new Redmi K30i 5G apart from the Redmi K30 5G, its quad-camera setup is led by a 48-megapixel with f/1.79 aperture and 1.6micro large pixel size. It is said to be a Sony lens. The Redmi K30 5G features a 64-megapixel main lens. The other three lenses that are available on the K30 are also available on the K30i. Hence, the 48-megapixel primary shooter on the K30i is accompanied by an 8-megapixel ultrawide sensor, a 5-megapixel super macro lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The MIUI 11 based Android 10 OS come preinstalled on the Redmi K30i 5G. Its other specs include dual-SIM slot with 5G support, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, dual-frequency GPS, USB-C, 1217 ultra-linear speaker, smart PA loudspeaker, Hi-Res audio support and 3.5mm audio jack.
Redmi K30i 5G Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G bands: 41, 78 Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A, 5G (2+ Gbps DL)
- Announced: 2020, May
- Status: Available. Released 2020, June 02
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.6 x 8.8 mm (6.51 x 3.02 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 208 g (7.34 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame
- Colors: Blue, Red, Purple, White
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.67 inches, 107.4 cm2 (~84.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM765 Snapdragon 765G (7 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- Storage: 128GB 6GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 2.1
- Main Camera: Quad
- 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 1.6µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Dual
- 20 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4″, 0.8µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Radio: FM Radio
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 5mm jack: Yes
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared port: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 30W, 100% in 57 min (advertised)
Redmi K30i 5G Pricing and Availability
The Redmi K30i is listed on JD.com with a price tag of 1,899 Yuan (about $262). The 6 GB + 128 GB Redmi K30 5G is available for 1,999 Yuan (~$280).
The K30i comes in colors like blue, red, purple, and white. However, only blue and white variants are listed on JD. The handset is now up for pre-orders on the Chinese retailer site. Customer The listing states that the sale of the smartphone will start on June 2.