The Hisense A5C is the continuation of the brand’s previous proposal, the Hisense A5, which already offers an electronic ink tile but only in grayscale. The new model comes with similar technical basis thanks to a digital ink tile from Unisoc.
The A5C is built around a 5.84-inch colour ink screen and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 processor. The processor is paired with 4GB of RAM and there is 64GB in-built storage.
The phone is powered up with a 4000mAh battery and has support for 5V/2A fast charge but it uses a USB 2.0 port. The phone runs on Android 9 Pie and supports 4G full Netcom. It is a dual SIM phone with a separate microSD slot.
For photography, there is a single 13MP rear camera while at the front, there is a 5MP selfie camera at the front. There is no fingerprint sensor on board.
Hisense A5C Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, April 24
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, April 29
- Dimension: 154.1 × 74.6 × 8.1mm
- Weight: 158g
- Color: Black, white, blue
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: black and white e-ink.
- Size: 5.84 inch
- Resolution: 1440 x 720, 18: 9 Ratio
- Android 9 Pie
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439
- GPU: Adreno 505
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (up to 256GB for microSD)
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0
- Front Camera: 5 MP f/1.9
- Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: 2.0, OTG
- Sensors: E-Compass, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: 5V/2A
Hisense A5C Price and Availability
The Hisense A5C is priced at 1699 yuan (~$239) and will be available in Jingdong Mall at 10 o’clock on April 29.