Hisense is a major among manufacturers for deploying E-ink displays on smartphones and have even launched a couple of models with e-ink displays, some with dual screens. The company recently teased the launch of what should be the world’s first Color ink display smartphone billed for April 23. Indeed, the Chinese brand has now unveiled three new smartphones with colour ink screens. The models are Hisense A5C, A5 Pro and A5 Pro CC.
The phones use the latest typographic colour e-ink technology which is produced by adding a layer of colour filters to the original black and white ink screen. This new type of colour electronic ink technology can display 4096 kinds of rich colours.
Hisense A5 Pro / Hisense A5 Pro CC version
Hisense announced two Pro models; A5 Pro and A5 Pro CC version. The A5 Pro is an upgraded version of the Hisense A5 smartphone that was launched in October last year with a black and white e-ink display. On the other hand, the A5 Pro CC version features a colour ink screen. Both models sport a 5.84-inch display and adopt a minimalist integrated 3D arc design at the rear.
The back panel is coated using a baby-skin texture paint spraying process. The A5 Pro is available in Jade Black, White and Bamboo Green colours.
In terms of the configuration, the Hisense A5 Pro and A5 Pro CC version are powered by a UNISOC Tiger T610 processor which adds a new fast refresh mode with a refreshing time of only 136ms. The A5 Pro comes in 4GB RAM + 64GB memory option. The colour screen version will be available 4GB + 64GB and 6GB RAM + 128GB storage options.
It is also equipped with an independent HiFi speaker, dual SIM slots and a separate microSD slot. It runs on Android 10 operating system. Keeping the lights on is a 4000mAh battery with 5V/2A fast charge using a USB Type-C port. The phone also has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and supports NFC for contactless payment.
Hisense A5 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G bands: HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: LTE
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
- Announced: 2020, April 24
- Status: Coming soon. Exp. release 2020, April 29
- Dimension: 153.58 × 76.38 × 8.75mm
- Weight: 164g
- Colour: Black, white, green
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Colour e-ink screen
- Size: 5.84 inch
- Resolution: 1440 x 720, 18: 9 Ratio
- Android 10
- Chipset: UNISOC Tiger T610
- CPU: Octa core
- RAM: 4GB / 6GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB (microSD compatible)
- Main Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0
- Front Camera: 5 MP f/1.9
- Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, hotspot
- Bluetooth: v4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS
- USB: 2.1, USB Type-C, OTG
- NFC: Yes
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), E-Compass, Gravity Sensor, Gyroscope
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: 5V/2A
Hisense A5 Pro Price and Availability
The Hisense A5 Pro which comes in a sole 4GB RAM + 64GB internal storage is priced at 1599 yuan (~$225). The model will be on pre-sale in Jingdong Mall on June 10.
The Hisense A5 Pro CC version 4GB + 64GB option is 1799 yuan (~$254) and the 6GB + 128GB version is priced at 1999 yuan (~$282). The pre-sale will start on June 1 in Jingdong Mall.