Can we officially say Happy 10th anniversary to Samsung Galaxy?! And is there a better way to celebrate your anniversary than keeping up the spirit of innovation and introducing a couple of worldâ€™s firsts? Those are spread out across the three variants that make up the core S10 group.
They introduce Dynamic AMOLED â€“ the successor to Super AMOLED and the firstÂ HDR10+ compatible mobile displays. Wireless PowerShare (that’s Samsung for reverse wireless charging) is featured on all three as is faster wireless charging.
Then there are the cameras. Front and rear cameras can record 4K video, the rear can even capture HDR10+ footage and features Super Steady digital stabilization. All three phones feature an ultra-wide camera, a new addition to Samsungâ€™s flagship line (though the A-series got there first). The selfie cameras live in the punch holes of the Infinity-O screens.
The Galaxy S10 and S10+ came with the firstÂ ultrasonic fingerprint readers, which scan your finger in 3D, unlike the optical readers, which only see a 2D image. This is more accurate and it has gotten the nod from the FIDO Alliance.
Samsung Galaxy S10+
TheÂ Samsung Galaxy S10+Â is the king of the lineup. It features a large 6.4-inch curved Dynamic AMOLED display of 1440p+ resolution and its image quality has been certified byÂ VDE, a huge technical-scientific organization that deals with electronic and IT tech.
Behind the screen is the first ultrasonic fingerprint reader on a phone. In the top right corner is the dual punch hole camera that takes 10MP selfies and records 4K videos, complete with depth-sensing thanks to the secondary 8MP selfie snapper.
The rear camera is a triple shooter with dual OIS. The main camera (77Â°) has a 12MP sensor with Dual Pixel autofocus and optical stabilization. The aperture of this camera can switch between f/1.5 and f/2.4. The other two cameras are a 12MP telephoto shooter (45Â°), which has OIS and Phase Detection AF, and an ultra-wide camera (123Â°, fixed focus).
The Galaxy S10+ will be powered by either the Snapdragon 855 or the Exynos 9820 chipsets depending on your region. You get 8GB of RAM and 128GB storage as standard, expandable with up to 512GB microSD cards (dual SIM models have a hybrid slot). The premiere model has 12GB of RAM and 1TB storage.
The phone packs a 4,100mAh battery that can be charged with the familiar Adaptive Fast Charge wired tech (15W, QC2.0 compatible) or the improved Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 (Qi and PMA compatible).
Wireless PowerShare allows you to charge wearables and other phones right from your Galaxy S10+. Even better, the phone can act as a wireless charging pad when you plug in a wired charger. Thatâ€™s one less thing you need to pack when going on vacation.
There will be a special version of the Galaxy S10+ with a ceramic exterior (available in Black and White).
Samsung Galaxy S10+ Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- CDMA 800 / 1900 – USA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – Global, USA
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO – USA
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100) â€“ Global
- LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 14(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 46, 66(1700/2100), 71(600) – USA
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (7CA) Cat20 2000/150 Mbps
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: February, 2019
- Availability: March 8, 2019
- Dimensions: 157.6 x 74.1 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 175 g / 198 g (ceramic)
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Colours: Prism White, Prism Black, Prism Green, Prism Blue, Canary Yellow, Flamingo Pink, Ceramic Black, Ceramic White
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.4 inches, 102.2 cm2 (~87.5% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1440 x 3040 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~526 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Always-on display
- Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Chipset: Exynos 9820 Octa (8 nm) â€“ EMEA, Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) – USA/LATAM, China
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.7 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.3 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55) â€“ EMEA, Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485) – USA/LATAM, China
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12 â€“ EMEA, Adreno 640 – USA/LATAM, China
- RAM: 8 GB, 12 GB
- Internal Storage: 128/512 GB, 1 TB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Main Camera: Triple – 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 26mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4Âµm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS + 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0Âµm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom + 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide)
- Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR, dual-video rec.
- Selfie Camera: Dual – 10 MP, f/1.9, Dual Pixel PDAF + 8 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor
- Features: Dual video call, Auto-HDR
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps
- FM radio: Yes, (USA & Canada only)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: Yes
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- Dolby Atmos/AKG sound
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4100 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 15W
- Fast wireless charging 15W
- Power bank/Reverse wireless charging 9W
Samsung Galaxy S10+ Price
- Launched Price: 1050 EUR