Xiaomi Mi 9 took on the stardom status earlier today but another smartphone came in as well. The Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (Special Edition) was introduced by company CEO Lei Junas the first in the world with the new Snapdragon 712 chipset. It has a 48 MP camera with Sony IMX586 sensor on the back, and an UD fingerprint scanner on the front.
The Mi 9 SE is a bit smaller than the flagship – it has a 5.97-inch AMOLED panel with a waterdrop notch on top and slightly thicker bezel on the bottom. The Snapdragon 712 chipset is coupled with 6 GB RAM and 64/128 GB storage.
Speaking about the new SoC, it is pretty much the same as the Snapdragon 710, but with a slightly faster CPU. It is still built on the 10nm FiNFET process and its modem supports all the usual Wi-Fi standards, Bluetooth 5.0, and dual LTE.
The main shooter has a 13 MP ultra wide-angle lens and an 8 MP telephoto lens to keep it company. The front-facing camera is 20 MP with plenty of Beauty filters for all the social media addicts out there.
There is fast-charging for the 3,070 mAh battery in the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, but it is capped at 18W.
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE Specifications
- 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
- Speed: HSPA, LTE-A
Announcement & Availability
- Announced: February 20, 2019
- Availability: March, 2019
- Dimensions: 147.5 x 70.5 x 7.5 mm
- Weight: 55 g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Colours: Lavender Violet, Ocean Blue, Piano Black
- Type: AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.97 inches, 87.5 cm2 (~84.1% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~432 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM712 Snapdragon 712 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core 2.3 GHz
- GPU: Adreno 616
- RAM: 6 GB
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- External Storage: No
- Main Camera: Triple – 48 MP, f/1.8, 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF + 13 MP, f/2.4, (ultrawide), 1.12µm + 8 MP, f/2.4, (telephoto), 1.12µm, PDAF
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps, 720p@960fps
- Selfie Camera: Single – 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9μm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
Battery & Power
- Battery Type & Capacity: Non-removable Li-Po 3070 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 18W
- Wireless charging: Yes
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE Price
The Mi 9 Special Edition will cost between CNY1,999 ($300/€262) and CNY2,299 ($340/€300).
Disclaimer. We cannot guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.