Learn how to stream content from your phone to a PS4
pictures and videos, hence reason for the introduction of wider screens by the
manufacturers. Though, these smartphone displays are still no match for a TV
screen, it’s larger and comes with quality video experience.
Android smartphone to your TV easily. However, you can do the same with your
- First of all, download and install Pixel Media Server on
your Android smartphone. You can find this app in the Google Play Store.
- Open the application and tap DMS Name to give a name to your
- Tap Share Folder to select which folder you want to share.
- Tap the Play button at the bottom to start Pixel Media
- Turn on your PS4 and ensure that it is on the same WiFi
network as your Android smartphone
- Open the media player onyour PS4
- Select the Pixel Media Server drive
- Navigate the folders to locate and stream photos, videos and
music files from your phone.
does allow you to browse the entire folder structure of your smartphone and
locate all your media. If you want an app with a little more refinement, you
can try out Bubble UPnP and iMedia Share.
license to use it if you must stream for more than 30 minutes. The license
costs $4.50 with an in-app purchase.
media into Photos, Videos, and Music folders when viewed on your PS4. However,
it pulls in system images and audio sounds, which you probably don’t need to
see. Hence, Pixel media Server is your best bet for streaming to your PS4.