Alongside the Watch Series 9, Apple also unveiled the Watch Ultra 2 at its annual September 2023 iPhone event. The new Apple smartwatches come with several improvements over their predecessors, including the new S9 chip and run watchOS 10 to be available for all on September 18. Let us checkout what the Apple Watch Ultra 2 brings to the table.
The Apple Watch Ultra (2nd-gen) also has the new S9 chip. It also comes with the same Double Tap feature, so you can initiate convenient actions. The new smartwatch can last up to 36 hours. With the low-power setting, Apple claimed that the Watch Ultra 2 can last up to 72 hours.
The new Watch Ultra 2 features an expanded altitude range, now up to 9000 meters. The display is the brightest yet on an Apple Watch, up to 3000 nits. It can now pair with more Bluetooth-based cycling accessories to measure aspects of your activities such as cadence, speed, and power. Live activities are displayed on iPhones.
Just like the previous Apple Watch Ultra, this new second generation also sports a MIL-STD-810H rating. By the way, it has a water resistance rating of WR100, meaning it can go 100 meters deep in water. It’s perfect for those who wish to take their Apple Watch Ultra through all their life’s adventures.
The 2nd-generation Apple Watch Ultra has a mappable action button. There is a larger side button & digital crown too, as compared to other variants. The bands of the Apple Watch Ultra (2nd-gen) are designed for intense outdoor activities. Band options include the Trail Loop (for runners & athletes), Alpine Loop (has a high-strength yarn), and the Ocean Band (suited for diving).
Apple Watch Ultra 2 Specifications
- 49mm titanium case and flat sapphire front
- Always-On Retina display up to 3,000 nits, can switch between 2 to 3000 nits
- S9 SiP
- Double tap gesture, Faster on-device Siri, Precision Finding
- A customizable Action button
- Battery life: 36 hours during normal use; up to 72 hours on low power mode
- Three band styles: Trail Loop, Alpine Loop, and Ocean Band
- Precision dual-frequency GPS, LTE
- Night mode, Compass, Pro running features, Depth gauge, Crash Detection
- ECG, Temperature sensing, Blood Oxygen
- Swimproof (100m), IP6X dust resistant
- Certifications: EN13319, WR100, MIL-STD 810
- watchOS 10
Watch Ultra 2 Price and Availability
The Watch Ultra 2 is priced at $799. You can order the Watch Ultra 2 starting September 22 through Apple Authorized retailers and Apple Online store.
Apple Watch Ultra 2 is available in 49 mm, and is carbon neutral when paired with a new Trail Loop or Alpine Loop. New band colours are available for the Alpine Loop (blue, indigo, olive), Trail Loop (orange/beige, green/grey, blue/black), and Ocean Band (blue, orange).